ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension - Tier 1 now - Wife's application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ajay Kumar Singh

HSMP Extension - Tier 1 now - Wife's application

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:08 am

Here is another puzzle?

For HSMP Extension (now Tier 1) do I need to get a separate application for my Wife or the main applicant's application will cover it?

Its complete hell..

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:29 am

Each dependent needs a separate application, but you have to send them together with your renewal to avoid paying an additional 395 pounds for each one.

I just discovered this myself yesterday as I was going through the paperwork. It's a smaller version of the application that we have to do.

You also need to show additional monies in the bank for 3 months to support dependents as well. This appears to be on top of the 800 pounds needed for Tier 1.

Here's the link to the application - http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... ationform/

The form's on the right in the corner.

Hope that helps.

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:02 pm

UKbound wrote:Each dependent needs a separate application, but you have to send them together with your renewal to avoid paying an additional 395 pounds for each one.

I just discovered this myself yesterday as I was going through the paperwork. It's a smaller version of the application that we have to do.

You also need to show additional monies in the bank for 3 months to support dependents as well. This appears to be on top of the 800 pounds needed for Tier 1.

Here's the link to the application - http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... ationform/

The form's on the right in the corner.

Hope that helps.
Thanks. I also started reading it yesterday and found it has to be in this way as you explained above.

I've to explore more on the funds though as I'm still struggling with my own £800 limitations.

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:10 pm

Ya, I know how you feel. I've been moving money all over the place while I've been here to pay for property back in the US... So I'm going to be sending them a slew of different statements from different places.. Had I known I would'a prepared for it.. And the dependent thing isn't really spelled out until you read the dependent app... :?

touchsensor

Dependant funding!!!

Post by touchsensor » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:13 pm

Dependants must send one or a combination of the following:

personal bank or building society statements covering the previous three-month period;
building society passbook;
letter from bank confirming funds and that they have been in bank for at least the previous three months;
letter from a financial institution regulated by the Financial Services Authority confirming funds.
This evidence must be an original document, on the official headed paper or stationery of the organisation and bearing the official stamp of that organisation. It must have been issued by an authorised official of that organisation.

The evidence provided can relate specifically to the dependant or it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on their own application or that of other dependants.

The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:

the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children only) the name of their other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom;
the account number;
the date of the statement;
the financial institution's name and logo;
transactions covering a three-month period;
that there are sufficient funds present in the account on a regular basis, and they are at least the amount needed; and
the receipt of funds along with regular withdrawals from the account.
Internet statements are acceptable provided they have the above information.

Statements which only show the balance in the account on a particular day are not enough.

The building society passbook should clearly show:

the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children only) the name of their other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom;
the account number;
transactions covering a three-month period;
that there are sufficient funds present in the account on a regular basis, and they are at least the amount needed; and
the regular receipt of funds along with regular withdrawals from the account.
The letter from a bank or building society should state:

the account number;
the date of the letter;
the funds held in the applicant's account; and
that the funds have been in bank for at least three months and are at least the amount needed.
Letters which only state the balance in the account on a particular day or the average balance over three months are not enough.

The letter from a financial institution regulated by the Financial Services Authority should state:

the account number;
the date of the letter;
the funds held in the applicant's account; and
that the funds have been in bank for at least three months and are at least the amount needed.
Letters which only state the balance in the account on a particular day or the average balance over three months are not enough.