ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working full time

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jiji1290
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Working full time

Post by Jiji1290 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:07 pm

Hi,

Im not sure if this question is asked before.
Im studying a BA course with 20 hours work permitted during term time.
Im starting a Chirstmas temp job and I wonder if the last day of my term is Friday 16/12/18 - can I start workig full time on Saturday 17/12/18?
For ex: i work on Thursday 15/12 - Fri 16/12 - Sat 17/12 and Sun 18/12 with 8 hours shift each day?

Or I can only start working full time on the week starting Monday 19/12?

Thank you

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Working full time

Post by sah10406 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:54 am

You are planning this a year in advance?!

Anyway according to paragraph 6 of the immigration rules, a “week” means a period of 7 days beginning with a Monday

So it is not about when you start a full-time job, but about how many hours you work in a week. On the dates you have given, Monday 12 to Sunday 18 you can work maximum 20 hours, Monday 19 to Sunday 25 there is no limit. From the Monday of the week term starts again, you are back to 20 hours.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sandra 30
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by sandra 30 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:23 pm

i am a tier 4 student with BRP 20 hrs per term. i worked full time job in summer holiday before school start for 2 weeks only and my employee paid me part time salary as my contract is part time salary. i had this conversation with my employer on the phone and then on whatsapp messages i was referring to these 2 weeks as full time job. he is using these words against me claiming that i worked full time job during the entire 2 months i worked with him. But i didn't. although all the evidence prove that i didn't worked but he is holding this against me as i said full time job and i was referring to these 2 weeks. what is my position i dont know what to do . i never had intention to break the rule and he is claiming that i broke the law sending to the home office and my university. i only worked with him 2 months and only get 1 month salary paid and had a claim him to get my money.
can you please advice me what to do ? and what complications i will face even if i didn't do that but using my words saying i worked full time job. why would i work full time job and get paid for part time job?
this is my second year in uk and he is my first job.

he is also using that i don't have my national insurance that i was trying to apply to it in September but it was too hard to contact them and he claimed he will help me applying to it. but it is not illegal to work until to get the number and that what was written in the gov.NI website. and i had an advice from the free law confirming my position. and now i am in my process to get the national insurance number.my wage is 400 per month.
can you provide me with what complications i am facing. even though i had no any intention to break the law even after getting the national insurance i wont pay tax on my wage as it is below the tax services.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:02 pm

After the Christmas break, get one-to-one advice from the Careers team at your university about how to handle this employer, and from the the International Student Adviser at your university about the immigration aspects.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.