ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

interview visa to ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vino22
Newly Registered

interview visa to ireland

Post by vino22 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:45 am

Hi Guys,
I have been living in UK for the past 5 years in student visa. I have got an interview in ireland for a research post. I called up the irrish embassy in london to enquire about the visa for attending interview. They said I cannot obtain visa to ireland from irish embassy in Uk, as my current student visa runs out in june. They need my current UK visa to be valid untl july,2008 ( I cannot extend my UK student visa now, as I have to finish my Phd viva first and then apply for any valid UK at a letr stage) . I enquired Visa facility services(VFS) back home (India), who said I can post my documents to them and they can forward my passport to Irish embassy in India. But I am planning to travel to Ireland directly from UK. I dont know how far it is possible to apply for Irish interview visa by posting the documents to irish embassy in India, as am currently resident in UK. But VFS said it is possible. Kindly advice me about any other possibilities, if ther are any. Any valid suggestions are appreciated.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:50 am

Seems like a lot of hassle to me..

It's a pity that it would be illegal, but it would be very easy to take a domestic flight to Northern Ireland and then take a bus down to the South.

I wouldn't do it though, if I were you, because I've read before about the GNIB (Irish immigration office) having officials posted at some Northern Ireland airports, trying to "catch" people who might be looking to enter the Republic of Ireland illegally.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:53 am

Why have you pasted your original post as a reply to at least 6 other threads in this section?

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:15 pm

VFS is usually staffed by a bunch of liars and incompetents who are under the impression that they have become embassy staff because they have a monopoly in dealing with the embassy.
It is an illegal act to send your passport by post out of the country you are residing.your only choice might be to apply for an interview visa from india.I have to warn you though that the Irish embassy in india seems to have a negative attitude to most male applicants under 50 unless you are a nurse or a student.