ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Main Applicant status changed - Query on Tier 2 dependent Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kUMARI16

Main Applicant status changed - Query on Tier 2 dependent Visa

Post by kUMARI16 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:47 pm

Hi Experts,

I recently received my ILR under Tier 2 General category and my wife is still under Tier 2 dependent category from September 2015. We are planning to go for holiday outside UK, so I have a query regarding my wife visa...do my wife need to change her visa category from Tier 2 dependent onto ILR dependent category or she can continue to be under Tier 2 dependent category until 2020 and go for ILR. Please suggest!!

Note: I also read some posts in this forum about the same query and understood that my wife can continue on her current visa tier 2 dependent category. But still we want to get the confirmation based on the current rules before we travel outside UK.

Many Thanks for your time.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Main Applicant status changed - Query on Tier 2 dependent Visa

Post by makky86 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:03 pm

kUMARI16 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:47 pm
Hi Experts,

I recently received my ILR under Tier 2 General category and my wife is still under Tier 2 dependent category from September 2015. We are planning to go for holiday outside UK, so I have a query regarding my wife visa...do my wife need to change her visa category from Tier 2 dependent onto ILR dependent category or she can continue to be under Tier 2 dependent category until 2020 and go for ILR. Please suggest!!

Note: I also read some posts in this forum about the same query and understood that my wife can continue on her current visa tier 2 dependent category. But still we want to get the confirmation based on the current rules before we travel outside UK.

Many Thanks for your time.
She can continue on PBS (tier 2 ) dependant until she qualify for ILR
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

kUMARI16

Post by kUMARI16 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:16 pm

Thank you for confirming.

asjakkas2
India

Post by asjakkas2 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:00 pm

Hi both,
can you please tell where it has been mentioned that PBS dependant can continue to stay in same visa after main applicant changes to ILR from Tier 2 as I am in same situation I am going for ILR in june 2018 but my
wife is on Tier 2 dependant visa. does she need applying with me to change to ILR dependant or can continue on same visa until it expires in dec 2019

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:43 am

asjakkas2 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:00 pm
Hi both,
can you please tell where it has been mentioned that PBS dependant can continue to stay in same visa after main applicant changes to ILR from Tier 2 as I am in same situation I am going for ILR in june 2018 but my
wife is on Tier 2 dependant visa. does she need applying with me to change to ILR dependant or can continue on same visa until it expires in dec 2019
See the immigration rules, which permit this IF you apply for ILR as PBS main migrant -dependants-of-ilr-economic-5-year-route-applicants (click)

Kindly also start your own topic or continue in one you already have rather than tagging onto another members thread.

I see you already asked this question and 'vinny' provided the relevant links for you already yesterday!!

immigration-for-family-members/pbs-depe ... l#p1588720
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

asjakkas2
India

Post by asjakkas2 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:05 am

hi CR001,
thanks for your reply and apology for posting question at different places,
regards