ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tuberculosis Test

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krishna_nath
Newly Registered

Tuberculosis Test

Post by krishna_nath » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:16 am

As per Government website (https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa) Tuberculosis tests for visa applicants can be exempted if any of the following apply:
1) You’re a diplomat accredited to the UK
2) You’re a returning UK resident and haven’t been away for more than 2 years
3) You lived for at least 6 months in a country where TB screening is not required by the UK, and you’ve been away from that country for no more than 6 months

I and my wife are currently staying in the UK for more than 2 years and during our stay, we were out of the UK for 13 days (Went to India for Vacation)
My Wife is planning to apply for Tier 2 General Visa in Jan 2018. Will she be exempted from TB Test ob the basis of rule (2) You’re a returning UK resident and haven’t been away for more than 2 years.

Please help.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Tuberculosis Test

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:34 am

krishna_nath wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:16 am
As per Government website (https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa) Tuberculosis tests for visa applicants can be exempted if any of the following apply:
1) You’re a diplomat accredited to the UK
2) You’re a returning UK resident and haven’t been away for more than 2 years
3) You lived for at least 6 months in a country where TB screening is not required by the UK, and you’ve been away from that country for no more than 6 months

I and my wife are currently staying in the UK for more than 2 years and during our stay, we were out of the UK for 13 days (Went to India for Vacation)
My Wife is planning to apply for Tier 2 General Visa in Jan 2018. Will she be exempted from TB Test ob the basis of rule (2) You’re a returning UK resident and haven’t been away for more than 2 years.

Please help.
Yes under rule (3). Assuming she isn't outside of the UK for more than 6 months while she's awaiting for her Tier 2 General visa application to be processed.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

katanayi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by katanayi » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:06 pm

TB test to be done irrespective of how long you lived in the UK.
VFS bengaluru won't take your application without TB test document.
I have done though I stayed about 3 year in UK and visited India for visa change.
However, you can wait for other people's feedback or go ahead with your decision

krishna_nath
Newly Registered

Post by krishna_nath » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:49 pm

THANKS Casa and Katyani.
I made an enquiry to UKVI and they had responded as follows:

With regards to your enquiry about the requirement of a TB test, please note that under your circumstances you would not be required a TB test as you have been outside the UK for less than 6 months.