ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family extension and benefits

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sud315

Family extension and benefits

Post by sud315 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:19 pm

Dear all respected members,
Wonder if I could get some advice on my situation please

My husband is under the spouse visa which is due to expire in May and we have to apply for the second extension (for 2.5 years).
I'm wondering if I claim JSA allowance, will it impact his visa negatively?
I have got all Bsc, Msc and almost done with professional qualification (accountancy) too but for some reason struggling to get a job :cry: Before, it was due to visa, and after I got the ILR, I had a break for maternity for 2 years. I have little relevant work experience and really anxious to get into professional career ladder.

Meanwhile, with my parents help and husband's mortgage, we are thinking to buy a house.
He is in London and I'm in Manchester. I moved here recently due to cost of living mainly.
But until I find work, my husband cannot leave his job too (so that is why hoping to get a mortgage before he changes work as well)
Will this also impact his visa, given that we still live apart?
(I have actually just come back from abroad. Been there for almost 6 months with our child, not husband)

Can I claim JSA when my parents are gifting me money for a house deposit?
It isn't my money as I've never been FT employed here, despite having studied and lived here for ages.
I'm desperate for a proper job now and I can only see JSA as the last resort :?

If my husband comes to live with us, leaving his London job say, then we would still need to fulfil the earning or savings requirement for his visa extension I believe?
So if I was living on JSA, then we cannot show savings and it has got to be at least £18600 earnings right? Is this total family earnings or one person earnings?

Thanks so much in advance. Sorry for complicated case and many questions!
Appreciate any help/ advice. Thank you.