ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Maintenance requirement for Dependants

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mmmsa5
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Maintenance requirement for Dependants

Post by mmmsa5 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:13 pm

I am making an in-country application to switch into Tier 1. My wife and children are applying at the same time as me to switch into Tier 1 as my dependants.

I am sending my personal bank statement to prove that I have access to 800 pounds and the funds were in my account throughout the last three months.

Can I use my wife's bank statement (overseas account) to satisfy the maintenance requirement for my wife AND children?

Does the HO accepts the joint account (my wife and her father) statements, provided bank confirming my wife has instant access to all the funds available in that account.

OR (Worst Case Scenario) does the HO require that I have to show all the funds (for the main applicant as well as dependants) in my account if my dependants are making applicantion at the same time as I am.

Any help from you guys is highly appreciated.

mmmsa5
Newly Registered

Post by mmmsa5 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:24 pm

Anyone?? :(

sunny9675
BANNED

Post by sunny9675 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:36 pm

it is tricky

choice -1

apply at present ye self with £ 800 bal and once fund improves than fly
whcich will be extra cost

choice -2

submit all source of funds with appln but risk of rejection very risky option

regards

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:51 pm

based upon what I've read, I'm fairly certain that your wife's account will work for the funds for her.. The big question is for any additional dependents..

Honestly, if the funds are there together, and you're already showing you're married (which you have to do), then I think you'll be okay. The important thing will be that the funds were there for the entire 3 months, and that you still have them.

Just my 2 pence.. Hope it helps.

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:58 pm

why dont u make ur wifes account joint account with u. and then take new statements for the required period. that way u can use any account for any purpose. make all accounts joint so that u can use any account

danosky
Newly Registered

Post by danosky » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:05 pm

I think there is some ambiguity as regards dependants (in country) maintenance requirements for applications being processed at the same time of the principal applicant under the new Uk Tier 1 system. Can we have some more suggestions please. Thanks

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:15 pm

whats the ambiguity?
If the Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker main applicant is outside the United Kingdom or has been in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, the family member must show that either;

the main applicant or (in the case of children) their other parent is legally present in the United Kingdom; and
the main applicant has at least £1,600 to support the family member as well as the funds they need to support themselves.
If the main applicant has been present in the United Kingdom for 12 months or over, the family member of the Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker migrant must have £533 to support themselves
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... ntoffunds/
its in plain english. so no chance of confusion about what is needed

and as to how to provide evidence is pretty clear as well to cover most situations except foreign accounts etc http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... intenance/

SYH
BANNED

Re: Tier 1 Maintenance requirement for Dependants

Post by SYH » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:48 pm

mmmsa5 wrote:I am making an in-country application to switch into Tier 1. My wife and children are applying at the same time as me to switch into Tier 1 as my dependants.

I am sending my personal bank statement to prove that I have access to 800 pounds and the funds were in my account throughout the last three months.

Can I use my wife's bank statement (overseas account) to satisfy the maintenance requirement for my wife AND children?

Does the HO accepts the joint account (my wife and her father) statements, provided bank confirming my wife has instant access to all the funds available in that account.

OR (Worst Case Scenario) does the HO require that I have to show all the funds (for the main applicant as well as dependants) in my account if my dependants are making applicantion at the same time as I am.

Any help from you guys is highly appreciated.
#
Is your current permit up? Why are you switching?

irfankais
Newly Registered

Post by irfankais » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:51 pm

Hi There,
its not that complicated.

basically you and your wife should have enough funds in your account for last 3 months.

Lets say you have 3 dependants. and ur family needs to show 2300 pounds during last 3 months. so all of ur family should be able to show this that these funds were in ur accounts for last 3 months but ur account SHUD have 800 :wink: .

It does not matter if ur wife has an indian based joint account with her dad but to make it evident that you can use these funds in UK straight away, attach a copy of some debit/credit card (if she has on that account) with the statement and do some small transactions on that card within UK.