ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

data shaaring of uk and ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samsmaria
Newly Registered
India

data shaaring of uk and ireland

Post by samsmaria » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:48 am

hi, my issue is that my brother was rejected UK visit visa, thrice at the same time. They first said we didnt give enough docs to prove that he will come back after the visit, second time said he didnt have enough money for the trip, since he was travelling with me we provided documents that he has enough money for the trip, then they said we didnt show them the source of money. So we gave up and i went alone.

Now he plan to go for his masters in Ireland. I wanted to know if getting irish visa will be a problem or not?

Can some one help me with this?

Samsmaria

dupalsky

Re: data shaaring of uk and ireland

Post by dupalsky » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:19 am

Hey Samsmaria,

As you already know Ireland and UK are two different country. Just because your brother was refused UK visa, does not mean that Ireland will authomatically refuse him visa as well, especially if he is coming to study here. Institutions in different country are competing for student from different part of the world.

Having said the above, however, they may contact UK embassy to establish the reason he was denied a visa and since it wasn't for malevolent reasons, I think, he will be fine.

My own brother was denied UK visa twice, before succeeding in getting Irish visa for his degree study. But this was a few years back......

Dupalsky

malik0543

Post by malik0543 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:29 pm

HI

They do data sharing.....

you have to mention any UK visa refusal.... otherwise it will refused..

sousa020290
BANNED
Ireland

Post by sousa020290 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:18 pm

malik0543 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:29 pm
HI

They do data sharing.....

you have to mention any UK visa refusal.... otherwise it will refused..
Hi Malik why they refuse bcz of UK refusal if I don't mention except criminal record ?? Although my visa is refused too I didn't mention nothing but don't have any criminal record anywhere. Applied eu1a with 2 years cohabitation proof and 2 years baby birth certificate. But they are not satisfied . Sent them month to month living proof for 2 years separately and landlord letter. Some of case workers are really idiot 🤣

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:56 pm

Hi

It seems your brother was (unfortunately) refused for valid reasons since INIS has to be satisfied (in paper) that your brother fulfils the visa requirements.

As some have already suggested being refused a visa doesn’t mean he’ll get refused again. And yes the two countries share data so your brother will need to declare any previous visa applications.

My suggestion would be to ensure that your brother fulfils the Study Visa requirements to the point. Like in the case of your brother’s Visitor Visa application he needs to show he’s able to finance his studies, have enough money to pay for the course and money to live on. Be able to demonstrate where the money came from. Unfortunately if you decide to say you’ll be sponsoring his studies this may work against him. This is because INIS will consider his financial situation and not yours.

Alternatively you brother could consider re-applying for Visitor Visa only this time he must fulfil the requirements set by INIS. More specifically he must address the reasons of refusal from his previous applications

nukes
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nukes » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:30 am

Malik, which data would this be, can you evidence this. Not all data, so where does it begin and stop?

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:42 pm

In my experience I had to include previous refusals and had to provide a copy of the refusal letter.

So I guess the data sharing between the two countries would vary from case to case on the type and gravity of the immigration or criminal records held against the applicant. This would also determine the level of detail INIS will require in order to satisfy their curiosity

nukes
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nukes » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:07 pm

But no data of EU citizens travelling from 'UK' or the rest of the EU to and from Ireland?

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:59 pm

That doesn’t apply to EU Citizens Nuke since they’re not the ones applying for a visa.
Always referring to the original topic on this thread, From memory when applying for a visa to Ireland the applicant needs to include any travelling to other countries and the purpose of their visit there. This can include tourist visa or other type visas.

As for the EU Citizen, if they are the sponsor, they’ll only need to satisfy the respective requirements. Whether they’re cross checked or not by INIS (if they previously lived in another EU Country) I do not know.

malik0543

Post by malik0543 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:15 am

HI

They are trying for maximum whatever they can, specially for Immigration cases in UK and Ireland.

and traveling for EU citizen, i know one of my friend who married to EU sponsor and they have applied for EU1 application and while application pending sponsor travel to his EU Country for couple of time and they refused application, they have access to data of Ryainair.

in my brother application, INIS write letter to UKBA, to provide all immigration history of this applicant. and they send all details in writing.

Hope it helps.