ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Britsh Passport for newborn Baby born Abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Britsh Passport for newborn Baby born Abroad

Post by Babajee85 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:01 pm

Dear folks,

I want to apply for a British Passport for the newborn baby who was born in Pakistan.

I was naturalised as British national 5 years ago.My wife is living back home from last 3 years.She is not British national.

Please advise me about the process to apply for the passport and is there any possibility for me to apply in UK and get Delivered the passports back in Pakistan.

I am working in the UK at the moment.

Thanks

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Britsh Passport for newborn Baby born Abroad

Post by Babajee85 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:07 am

Any one Please ...Thanks

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:01 am

Babajee85 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:01 pm
Dear folks,

I want to apply for a British Passport for the newborn baby who was born in Pakistan.

I was naturalised as British national 5 years ago.My wife is living back home from last 3 years.She is not British national.

Please advise me about the process to apply for the passport and is there any possibility for me to apply in UK and get Delivered the passports back in Pakistan.

Thanks
You cannot apply from the UK. Your baby is british citizen by descendent. You can apply for British passport from Pakistan. It will take between 6-12 months.

The easiest way is to get Pakistani passport for your baby and apply for Certificate of Abode.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:31 am

makky86 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:01 am
Babajee85 wrote:
Dear folks,

Thanks
You cannot apply from the UK. Your baby is british citizen by descendent. You can apply for British passport from Pakistan. It will take between 6-12 months.

The easiest way is to get Pakistani passport for your baby and apply for Certificate of Abode.

Thanks a lot Makky86.

So you think i should apply for Pakistani Passport first and then apply for the certificate of Abode.

Can i apply for the COA within UK ? Roughly how long does it take ?....

will My son be fine to Travel with that certificate only.?

So i can apply for his BP while he is in UK ...right ?.

Please advise.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:33 am

It can take a few weeks/couple of months. You must apply in Pakistan for the child if the child is currently in Pakistan.
It is a vignette in the passport (similar to a visa).
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:15 pm

Babajee85 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:31 am
makky86 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:01 am
Babajee85 wrote:
Dear folks,

Thanks

Thanks a lot Makky86.

So you think i should apply for Pakistani Passport first and then apply for the certificate of Abode.

Please advise.

Thanks
Thanks a lot for the answers !

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:55 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:33 am
It can take a few weeks/couple of months. You must apply in Pakistan for the child if the child is currently in Pakistan.
It is a vignette in the passport (similar to a visa).
Yes.
Hi,

Do i need to provide the Orginal Naturalisation Certificate (Is there a requirement) with CoA-RoA application while my wife will be filling the child application.

I am in UK at the moment so should i send the original Naturalization Certificate by post or just copy of that will be enough.

Please advise.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:47 am

They expect original documents. Suggest you insure it to a value of at least £234 to cover replacement costs, if lost.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.