ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Medium of Instruction certificate and IELTS?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMP_India
Newly Registered

Medium of Instruction certificate and IELTS?

Post by HSMP_India » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:08 pm

Hello,

I am currently working in UK with a work permit from my employer. I am looking to make an application under Tier 1 catagory and have a query with regards to that:

- English Language Assessment:
I hold an MCA degree from an India univesity and have got a certificate from university to state that my medium of instruction is ENGLISH.

Can you please tell me if this is sufficient to prove my english langauge proficiency criteria.

Thanks!!

rely

Re: Medium of Instruction certificate and IELTS?

Post by rely » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:28 pm

Only bachelors degree letter.
rely

I am currently working in UK with a work permit from my employer. I am looking to make an application under Tier 1 catagory and have a query with regards to that:

- English Language Assessment:
I hold an MCA degree from an India univesity and have got a certificate from university to state that my medium of instruction is ENGLISH.

Can you please tell me if this is sufficient to prove my english langauge proficiency criteria.

Thanks!![/quote]

HSMP_India
Newly Registered

Post by HSMP_India » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:19 pm

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Do you mean a "medium of certificate" for UG degree from university should be sufficient and IELTS score is not needed.

Please let me know if my understanding is wrong otherwise I would have to undergo IELTS course.

Many Thanks!!!

asys
Newly Registered

Post by asys » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:12 pm

Hi HSMP_india,

Batchelors degree needs to be taught in english so in your case it would your BSc/Btech .

you have to get a letter from the college stating that was taught in english .

IELTS or other exams mentioned in reference guide would be worth as well