ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submitting personal bank statements (redacting)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sd96sd
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Submitting personal bank statements (redacting)

Post by sd96sd » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:33 pm

Good evening,

I will shortly be submitting my personal bank statements in support of my partner's spousal application. I understand (Immigration Rules Appendix FM-SE: family members specified evidence, 9(C)(ii) & 9(D)(ii)) that I need to submit:
  • Personal bank statements covering the same 12-month period as the Company Tax Return CT600 showing that the salary as a director or employee of the company (or both) was paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
  • Personal bank statement(s) showing that those dividends were paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
My questions are:

1. Is it acceptable to redact the payor/payee for transactions which do not relate to my employment?
2. Is it acceptable to redact the transaction value for transactions which do not relate to my employment?

Thanks,

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Submitting personal bank statements (redacting)

Post by Wanderer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:33 pm

No, if your did the assumption would be that you were hiding something. You're not, are you?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sd96sd
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sd96sd » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:41 am

Of course not, I just dislike the idea of showing strangers my personal bank statements as only I have ever seen them. I'm quite a private individual who has never had any need to show anybody my bank records.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:54 am

If you submit redacted bank statements they will be rejected. The Case Worker wants to see original statements and by redacting data they will no longer be in the original format. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:47 pm

Read this thread for an in depth discussion about statements as some pointers.

immigration-for-family-members/uk-home- ... 36843.html

A member did have an extension given with redacted statements but not without trouble.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.