ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

query regarding EU1 stmap4 and passport expire date

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jtabby15
Newly Registered
Korea South

query regarding EU1 stmap4 and passport expire date

Post by jtabby15 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:00 am

Hello people I have few questions, I'm on processing EU1 as EEA qualifying family member spouse haven't got decision yet.but I got letter acknowledgement and for temporary stamp.

my passport going to expired on Dec 2019 , I don't think registration office won't give me visa years more than my passport expires date. and 2019 quite soon it's already almost 2018.

I want to know what can I do before my passport expired. I have to wait until 2019 to make new passport I can't make new one which valid more than 2019 at the moment because of military service
I haven't done yet military service so I must apply new passport with the reason that I living in Ireland with EU spous between 2019,and 2020 Jan . It's seems like I have to make new passport and renew my visa I guess?.

But I don't have no Idea how long does it takes renew eu1 stamp4. and what should I do before my eu1 and gnib expired.

If anyone knows how to renew eu1 would you give me some help?.

and I also wondering If the EU1 it's based on 5 years valid even if my spouse full time study 3years course
we applied eu1 as my spouse study in this country and we bought house
one of worry things we have own home in Ireland but currently my wife just studying at the uni as full time course so I'm not sure If I have 5 years visa or just stay allow to stay only my wife graduate the uni.

lana1234
Newly Registered
Belarus

Re: query regarding EU1 stmap4 and passport expire date

Post by lana1234 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:51 am

I was in the same situation, and here is what i did:
when they approve your application next year, you will receive a smap in your passport and a card valid untill ur passport expiry date, you need to go to your country or through embassy and renew ur passport in 209 say a few month before it expires, then go back to the immigration office and they will issue u a new card and a new stamp, nothing else is needed.

jtabby15
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by jtabby15 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:30 am

lana1234 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:51 am
I was in the same situation, and here is what i did:
when they approve your application next year, you will receive a smap in your passport and a card valid untill ur passport expiry date, you need to go to your country or through embassy and renew ur passport in 209 say a few month before it expires, then go back to the immigration office and they will issue u a new card and a new stamp, nothing else is needed.

Thank you for your help. after make you passport should I go registration with INIS letter? or just make registration appointment?. did you bring your INIS letter when you renew your card?

Lana123
Newly Registered

Post by Lana123 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:04 am

just make an appointment and bring the letter, no need to make a new application or write to inis

jtabby15
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by jtabby15 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:32 pm

Lana123 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:04 am
just make an appointment and bring the letter, no need to make a new application or write to inis
Thanks for answer Lena.
I have more question, we applied EU1 because she full time student in Ireland. can we get same 5years visa ?
or less than 5years? I know normally EU1 stamp4 valid 5years but my wife university is not longer than 5years
so It's kind of worry anyway after uni we going to live in Ireland we already have own home here.

dupalsky

Post by dupalsky » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:42 am

Hi Jtabby15,

As Long as she is studying, employed or/ self employed, you have nothing to worry about.

Dupalsky

lana1234
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by lana1234 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:31 am

jtabby15 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:32 pm
Lana123 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:04 am
Thanks for answer Lena.
I have more question, we applied EU1 because she full time student in Ireland. can we get same 5years visa ?
or less than 5years? I know normally EU1 stamp4 valid 5years but my wife university is not longer than 5years
so It's kind of worry anyway after uni we going to live in Ireland we already have own home here.
As far as I am aware, it makes no difference if she is studying or not, if you are full time employed, she will get 5 year eufam permission.