ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I switch from Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff migrant to Tier 2 General Dependent in country

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Santoshkk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Can I switch from Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff migrant to Tier 2 General Dependent in country

Post by Santoshkk » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:09 am

Hi,

I am currently in the UK on Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff Migrant Visa which is valid till April 2021. My wife has been recently granted a Tier 2 General Visa. Could you please kindly let me know if I can switch my visa to Tier 2 General Dependent from with in the UK?

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Re: Can I switch from Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff migrant to Tier 2 General Dependent in country

Post by sptula » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:13 am

Yes you can do that one your Main applicant return to UK

Santoshkk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Can I switch from Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff migrant to Tier 2 General Dependent in country

Post by Santoshkk » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:28 am

Hi,

Could you please kindly let me know where can I find the details on how to do the switch?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:31 am

Santoshkk wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:28 am
Hi,

Could you please kindly let me know where can I find the details on how to do the switch?
Apply online.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/swit ... 43572.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Santoshkk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Santoshkk » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:03 am

Hi,

Could you please kindly let me know what would be the application fees for the switch?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:05 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rajivunique
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by rajivunique » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:37 pm

Santoshkk wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:03 am
Hi,

Could you please kindly let me know what would be the application fees for the switch?
HI Santosh, I am in the same situation as you are in. I will soon be starting to change from my ICT T2 LT visa to my spouse's T2 gen dependent. Can you please share if you have started this process and what are the documents we need to be prepared with ?

Santoshkk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Santoshkk » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi Rajiv,

I have not applied for my dependent visa yet. I think the below link would be useful.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... 36203.html

rajivunique
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by rajivunique » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:46 pm

Santoshkk wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:22 pm
Hi Rajiv,

I have not applied for my dependent visa yet. I think the below link would be useful.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... 36203.html
Hi Santosh - Thanks for the link, however that does not talk about anyone changing from main T2 ICT Visa holder to T2 General dependent within UK.

Do you have any link or document handy which can guide me to change my ICT T2 Main Visa Holder to become my wifes T2 General dependent ?

I am on ICT T2 LT Visa and I am looking to change it to my wife's dependent , she is on her own T2 General.

Thanks,
Rajiv

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:27 am

It really is not difficult to find the information and if you search the forum, you will see many ICT visa holders have switched within the UK to PBS dependent visas.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members
Dependants applying in the UK on their own
Your dependants can apply to extend or switch their visas to stay with you if they’re already in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rajivunique
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by rajivunique » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:27 am
It really is not difficult to find the information and if you search the forum, you will see many ICT visa holders have switched within the UK to PBS dependent visas.

Your dependants can apply to extend or switch their visas to stay with you if they’re already in the UK.
Thank you CR001, I have gone through the link you shared and got all the required info except one thing that I am not yet clear on, hope you can help i.e. - If I am switching my visa within Uk from T2 ICT LT to T2 General dependent, do I still need to attach police clearance certificate from all the countries I have lived in for 12 months in the last 10 years ? I know the answer is YES if I am applying from outside UK but within UK there is no answer for this in that gov.uk site. Can you advise pls.

Regards,
Rajiv

rajivunique
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by rajivunique » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:28 pm

rajivunique wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:04 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:27 am

Thank you CR001, I have gone through the link you shared and got all the required info except one thing that I am not yet clear on, hope you can help i.e. - If I am switching my visa within Uk from T2 ICT LT to T2 General dependent, do I still need to attach police clearance certificate from all the countries I have lived in for 12 months in the last 10 years ? I know the answer is YES if I am applying from outside UK but within UK there is no answer for this in that gov.uk site. Can you advise pls.

Regards,
Rajiv

Hi there, any guidance regd. my last question please - i.e. - If I am switching my visa within Uk from T2 ICT LT to T2 General dependent, do I still need to attach police clearance certificate from all the countries I have lived in for 12 months in the last 10 years ? I know the answer is YES if I am applying from outside UK but within UK there is no answer for this in that gov.uk site. Can you advise pls.