ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling to Europe with spouse

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ith

Traveling to Europe with spouse

Post by Ith » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:35 pm

Can someone help me I would like to know where to get visa for EU countries like France and Spain.. please help I would like to know if I need visa to travel with my spouse

Thanks

gpm468

Re: Traveling to Europe with spouse

Post by gpm468 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:48 am

If it's an EU country, you don't need a visa, but suggest you take your marriage certificate with you, and be ready to 'explain the rules' to airport staff and other officials.

For example French embassy website says you need a visa, in contradiction to EU law, we turned up at St Pancras Eurostar with no visa and didn't have a problem. Only went to France once though. We went to Switzerland and then we did apply for Schengen visa as it's not EU.

takdeerwala
India

Re: Traveling to Europe with spouse

Post by takdeerwala » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:39 pm

Staff of Proper Airlines like Lufthansa are aware of such rules. Sometimes problem comes in Budget Airlines hwere you need to do either Online Check-in or do airport check-in after paying some fees. Marriage certificate and a printout from say Spain embassy saying that spouse do not need schengen visa will help along with explanation. Been there, done that.