ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Criminal History question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

neil1960
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Criminal History question

Post by neil1960 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:05 pm

Hi
I am stuck on this question and wondered what your thoughts are?

Section 10 of FLR(M)
Question 10.1
'Have you been convicted or any criminal offence in the UK or any other country'
Yes or No?

In 2000 I was given a citation in NC USA for expired tag/registration (annual registration). Its usual in these circumstances in NC that the officer gives you 30days to go and settle the tag/registration fee to get it in date and then visit the prosecutors office at the court house and show them you have now got a valid tag. In these circumstances the district attorney dismisses the case and it doesn't go to court. This is what happened in my circumstances.
I forgot all about this on my initial application to enter and not sure if this is relevant to this question. I think the answer to this question is NO, am I right?

It then directs me to question 10.3
Have you been subject to or received any other penalty to a criminal offence, for example caution, reprimand or similar penalties in UK or any other country.
Yes or No?

I am still inclined to say 'NO' as the case was dismissed and nothing else happened.

Your thoughts?

Thanks