ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent to Contract job switch.

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

meer_iet

Permanent to Contract job switch.

Post by meer_iet » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:01 pm

Hi Friends,

I am looking for a contract job in my domain (Telecom, UNIX, Oracle support) since 1.5 months now but is not successful.

However i already got 2 gud offers for permanent roles in Big comapnies.

Now i dont want to wait looking for contract role and want to join permanent role for now and keep looking for gud contract opportunities in future.

I want to know if contract people wait for notice periods for say 1 month or 2 months before we can join them, as i will have to serve the notice period for the switch.

Please give your feedback, experiences and suggestions.

Regards

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:21 pm

Not in my experience, it's always been 'start tomorrow...' for me.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:21 pm

yeah they will wait if you need to serve notice

meer_iet

Post by meer_iet » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:51 pm

Thanks to both Gurus.
So i understand, it depends on role and requirement perhaps.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:02 pm

meer_iet wrote:Thanks to both Gurus.
So i understand, it depends on role and requirement perhaps.
it doesn't depend on anything, we just take contrary positions

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:42 pm

Contracts are usually "Interview Friday, start Monday" stuff. They will not wait for 2 months notice period.

asys
Newly Registered

Post by asys » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:13 pm

Rightly said contracts are jobs that you normally start less than a week and right from first day your expected to start work .

Permanent is 3 months :-) you have to go through grilling HR session introductions

It depends on your skills and your UK experince . you would be able to know that once you start talking to consultants ..

if you dont have UK experince it would be tough but it also depends on how desperate the clients are for a resource .

apachegmf
Newly Registered

Post by apachegmf » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:05 pm

Hi Guys,

I am Oracle core,Apps Dba having 5 Yrs of experience working for world's top company got HSMP visa one month back,Now planning to move UK early next month.

I had tried to get jobs from here by applying on almost all job portal but still no luck, can u guys let me know is it difficult to get DBA jobs over there .. or in month or so we can get the jobs..
Waiting for some response, can anyone let me know the consultants to contact over there..

Regards

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:39 pm

I don't get it......You work for the World's top company. Why do you want to leave the job ?

It will be an uphill struggle to get a new job if you have no prior UK Exp..Be prepared for this. Try to schedule some interviews before you land here....

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:26 am

SKUK wrote:I don't get it......You work for the World's top company. Why do you want to leave the job ?
Working for Microsoft is shit!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

apachegmf
Newly Registered

Post by apachegmf » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:00 am

Hi,

THanks all for the response.

I am leaving Top company because not satisfied with work and salary,found lot of jobs in UK with good salary.

Regarding Microsoft.. it is not shit it is #1 IT company and every IT company want to in microsoft position.

BTW I am not from Microsoft but from other company .. but in world's TOP FIVE IT companies

Regards