ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Zealander moving to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

callumpirie
Newly Registered
New Zealand

New Zealander moving to Ireland

Post by callumpirie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:09 pm

Hi there,

I was hoping to get some advice on how to move to Ireland. I am a New Zealander living in London and have done for nearly 2 and a half years. I am on a Tier 5 Sponsorship visa at the moment.

I have an Irish girlfriend who is also living here and we are planning on moving to Ireland next year around August possibly.

I have been living with my girlfriend roughly a year and want to know what kind of visas I can apply for, if any at all, the process of this, the duration of visa etc (broad enough I know!)

Thanks!

--
Callum

dupalsky

Re: New Zealander moving to Ireland

Post by dupalsky » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:26 am

Hey Callumpirie,

You will need to apply for a Stamp 4eufam card. This is meant for a family member of an eu member state and being that the UK will still be a member of EU, during your arrival, you are entitled to the said card.

You will need to fill out and lodge an EU1 Form which you can print off on the Internet, and include all the requirements needed, which are written on the form and again, you can find them online.

When you lodge the application, you will receive a confirmation letter and another letter for a temporary card(stamp 4). This card will be valid between six to nine months, depending on how busy they are. Before the temporary card expires, you will get another letter advising you to go for your stamp 4eufam card which is for five years.

Meanwhile, for them to consider issuing this stamp to you, your girl friend must be a student, employed or self employed and she would have documents to prove so.

Hope it works out for you.........

Dupalsky

mgb

Post by mgb » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:42 am

The irish citizen would be on the surrinder singh route and the application form would be form 1A for a durable partnership.
Precondition for a durable partnership is normally 2 years living together.
A eu citizen on the surrinder singh route don't have to prove a activity in his home country.

dupalsky

Post by dupalsky » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:03 pm

Hey Callumpirie,

Plz disregard my previous post. I am afraid the second post is right.....

An oversight on my part, in not considering the fact that you are not married and that she is Irish :?.

However, I must advise that this route is contingent on whether the EU citizen is fulfilling their treaty right or not in the eu member state they currently reside and the duration of the relationship as you did not give much detail in this regard.

I would suggest that she should make arrangement for a base(residence) as this is proving to be a bit difficult nowadays, given the shortage of supply of homes at the moment, prior to your planned relocation date in other to facilitate prompt application on arrival

Dupalsky