ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR to ILR requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dada

FLR to ILR requirements

Post by dada » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:43 pm

What are the financial requirements for going from FLR (five-year spouse route) to ILR? Initially, we were exempt from the financial requirement but due to cuts, we would no longer qualify as we no longer receive those disability payments. Can the British sponsor be unemployed but the applicant earns over the required amount? I'm aware of Life in the UK test and English language requirement - my question is about the financial requirement.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR to ILR requirements

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:48 pm

Can the British sponsor be unemployed but the applicant earns over the required amount?
Yes. 6 months payslips and corresponding bank statements required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dada

Post by dada » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:21 pm

Thanks. As an alternative, can I also rely purely on my savings? On the guidance notes, it includes cash savings of over £16k. I was surprised to find this as it used to be £62k when we last checked.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:30 pm

I was surprised to find this as it used to be £62k when we last checked.
For initial spouse visas it is this amount.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dada

Post by dada » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:27 pm

Thanks. For the savings financial requirement option, does anyone know whether premium bonds certificates can be used, as they are cash savings and I have immediate access to the funds, should I choose to withdraw them.