ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what best way to get my indonesian boyfriend to ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Marty34
Newly Registered
Ireland

what best way to get my indonesian boyfriend to ireland

Post by Marty34 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:48 pm

Hi Everyone

Need help... im looking to get my boyfriend/fiance to ireland. He was refused a visa in 2014 to ireland. We have a son together. Need to know whats the best way to go about getting him here. Ive just recently returned from indonesia. We plan to marry next year is it better to marry in Ireland or marry him in Indonesia. We just want to be together.

oceancat

Re: what best way to get my indonesian boyfriend to ireland

Post by oceancat » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:35 pm

not going to be easy you will really need to have healthy savings and a good job but even with that you wil struggle to get a D visa, really you should try to get him a holiday visa first and then later go for the resident visa, also you really need to be married

i tried to get a hoiday via for my thai girlfriend and i was refused so i married her and got a family permit for the uk, we now live in newry and when i want to go see family in cork we just drive down i just couldnt be arsed trying to get a irish visa again

Marty34
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Marty34 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:02 pm

Thanks yeah we have been chattin and we are thinking of gettin married when i visit bali next year. Where did you get married here in ireland or abroad?

oceancat

Post by oceancat » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:23 pm

we got married in thailand a lot easier process, that was the only way around getting the visa for the uk, she got the EU family permit due to a spouse of a EU citizen, it was a very easy to get with very little documentation to show, if you were thinking of doing this route i would hurry with the uk coming out of europe

Marty34
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Marty34 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:04 am

Thanks we plan to marry next year in Bali... like you say its easier there. We will apply then for a spouse visa into ireland.