ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA National on Low Income and Tax Credit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jafferdeen
Member of Standing

EEA National on Low Income and Tax Credit

Post by jafferdeen » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi All
My friend is applying for PR on the basis of 5 years in UK.She is French national and living in UK last 5 years.
She is working part time and earning around £5500 per year. .She is also getting child tax credits .

Does her income along with child tax credit will be enough for her to be considered as qualified person and will it be enough for her treaty rights in UK for last 5 years

Regards
J Khan

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Re: EEA National on Low Income and Tax Credit

Post by Richard W » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:56 am

On such a low income her circumstances are likely to be examined to determine whether her work is 'genuine and effective' rather than 'purely marginal and ancillary'. Case law is discussed in https://www.freemovement.org.uk/part-ti ... nt-eu-law/ . I think it likely that she will pass the test.

puppajani
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: EEA National on Low Income and Tax Credit

Post by puppajani » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:50 pm

jafferdeen wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:09 pm
Hi All
My friend is applying for PR on the basis of 5 years in UK.She is French national and living in UK last 5 years.
She is working part time and earning around £5500 per year. .She is also getting child tax credits .

Does her income along with child tax credit will be enough for her to be considered as qualified person and will it be enough for her treaty rights in UK for last 5 years

Regards

Hi mate,

Any update on ur application?