ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One member of Entrepreneur team (husband and wife) switching to a dependant on the other

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alyabdo
Newly Registered
Egypt

One member of Entrepreneur team (husband and wife) switching to a dependant on the other

Post by Alyabdo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:56 pm

Hi every one,many thanks for a very rich an informative forum, especially the seniors.
Me and my wife are on Tier 1 (E) as partners, 200k. We got the visa 3 month ago and have not registered yet as directors or started any business.
For a some changes of plan,I would like now to become dependant on her to have more freedom in work and travel.
My question is what is the procedure to switch to be her dependant? given that we can prove that she will have enough funds for the investment and maintenance.
Also can I (we?) apply from within the UK and is it possible to apply using fast track one day service?Many thanks
Aly

Shak007
India

Re: One member of Entrepreneur team (husband and wife) switching to a dependant on the other

Post by Shak007 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:12 pm

What is your visa timeline ?

PeterLove2008

Re: One member of Entrepreneur team (husband and wife) switching to a dependant on the other

Post by PeterLove2008 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:36 pm

There is no such SWITCH route I am afraid. If you want to do this, it means you have to give up both of your visas and apply from scratch, and OUTSIDE UK. One of the new requirememts will be: the 200k funds in your wife’s name for at least 90 days.

Alyabdo
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Alyabdo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:21 pm

Shak007 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:12 pm
What is your visa timeline ?
three years 4 months.

Alyabdo
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Alyabdo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:26 pm

PeterLove2008 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:36 pm
There is no such SWITCH route I am afraid. If you want to do this, it means you have to give up both of your visas and apply from scratch, and OUTSIDE UK. One of the new requirememts will be: the 200k funds in your wife’s name for at least 90 days.
Thank you for your reply.
I was thinking about a new application for myself, where my wife will maintain her status but as the main visa holder. No problem with the fund requirements.
Our previous lawyer told us that this could be done! I hope we have input from other members if anyone thinks otherwise than PeterLove2008 in this regard.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:53 am

Yes you can apply for a new visa from your home country, with a covering letter as to why you are changing after meeting all the requirements. The application will be considered on its own merit. It does not affect your present status.
Bizman

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:50 am

PeterLove2008 wrote:
This is incorrect.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:06 am

Alyabdo wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:56 pm
Hi every one,many thanks for a very rich an informative forum, especially the seniors.
Me and my wife are on Tier 1 (E) as partners, 200k. We got the visa 3 month ago and have not registered yet as directors or started any business.
For a some changes of plan,I would like now to become dependant on her to have more freedom in work and travel.
My question is what is the procedure to switch to be her dependant? given that we can prove that she will have enough funds for the investment and maintenance.
Also can I (we?) apply from within the UK and is it possible to apply using fast track one day service?Many thanks
Aly
I assume you are both in the UK now.
As far as I can see , you should be able to switch to being a dependant through the Premium service by applying at https://visas-immigration.service.gov. ... nt-partner
You would need to show the full maintenance requirement for you and your wife.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

PeterLove2008

Post by PeterLove2008 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:17 am

PeterLove2008 wrote:
Let me correct myself. You as a T1E main applicant can switch to be a dependent in the UK, the issue here is your wife being a dependant must apply her own T1E visa outside UK. Her T1E application will be considered on her own merit.

Alyabdo
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Alyabdo » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:35 am

PeterLove2008 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:17 am
PeterLove2008 wrote:
Let me correct myself. You as a T1E main applicant can switch to be a dependent in the UK, the issue here is your wife being a dependant must apply her own T1E visa outside UK. Her T1E application will be considered on her own merit.
We are T1E team, so no one is dependent at the moment. Thank you.

PeterLove2008

Post by PeterLove2008 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:42 am

Sorry for misunderstanding. Then Marcnath is correct. Good luck!

Alyabdo
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Alyabdo » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:44 am

marcnath wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:06 am
As far as I can see , you should be able to switch to being a dependant through the Premium service by applying at https://visas-immigration.service.gov. ... nt-partner
Many thanks marcnath, that's very informative.You are correct we are in the UK.
Will my wife need to submit anything apart from proves of her funds?i.e. will everything be through my application only?
Are you aware whether there will be an interview or not?
thanks again

Alyabdo
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Alyabdo » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:44 am

PeterLove2008 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:42 am
Sorry for misunderstanding. Then Marcnath is correct. Good luck!
many thanks.

Alyabdo
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Alyabdo » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:45 am

bizman wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:53 am
Yes you can apply for a new visa from your home country, with a covering letter as to why you are changing after meeting all the requirements. The application will be considered on its own merit. It does not affect your present status.
Thank you bizman.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:15 pm

Alyabdo wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:44 am
marcnath wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:06 am
Will my wife need to submit anything apart from proves of her funds?i.e. will everything be through my application only?
thanks again
Your wife would not need to submit anything about her/your joint application unless requested to do so separately.
Haven't heard many cases of dependants being interviewed but UKVI has plenty of leeway to interview if they want to.
Remember though the T1E applicants need to have access to the 200K throughout until it is invested, so it would not be surprising if UKVI decided to ask for that when processing your application.

Alyabdo
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Alyabdo » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:25 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:15 pm
Alyabdo wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:44 am
thanks again
Your wife would not need to submit anything about her/your joint application unless requested to do so separately.
Haven't heard many cases of dependants being interviewed but UKVI has plenty of leeway to interview if they want to.
Remember though the T1E applicants need to have access to the 200K throughout until it is invested, so it would not be surprising if UKVI decided to ask for that when processing your application.
Many thanks marc.

Alyabdo
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Alyabdo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:17 pm

Hi all, I have a further question regarding the timing of the switch (from an T1E team member with my wife to her dependent).
Ideally, I want to make the switch before setting up a limited company and becoming a director. Would it make any difference if we setup a limited company (where I become a director) and then I make the switch later?
Also can I stay a director although the investment money will come from my wife account or better resign from directorship (in case switching after setting up the company is possible)?

Another question please:
When a T1E visa holder setup a limited company and become a director within the first 6 months of being granted the visa:
a) Does the 200K need to be transferred to the company business account also within the first 6 months or anytime afterwards?
b)If a business opportunity emerges for joining another business and investing the 200K and becoming director in that business (assuming that 200K were not invested in the setup company), would it be a problem that the investment was not done through the company under which the first directorship was established during the first 6 months?

Many thanks.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:19 pm

Alyabdo wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:17 pm
Ideally, I want to make the switch before setting up a limited company and becoming a director. Would it make any difference if we setup a limited company (where I become a director) and then I make the switch later?
No
Alyabdo wrote:
Also can I stay a director although the investment money will come from my wife account or better resign from directorship (in case switching after setting up the company is possible)?
You can stay on.
Alyabdo wrote:
When a T1E visa holder setup a limited company and become a director within the first 6 months of being granted the visa:
a) Does the 200K need to be transferred to the company business account also within the first 6 months or anytime afterwards?
Investment can be made any time before extension application
Alyabdo wrote:
b)If a business opportunity emerges for joining another business and investing the 200K and becoming director in that business (assuming that 200K were not invested in the setup company), would it be a problem that the investment was not done through the company under which the first directorship was established during the first 6 months?
No. You are free to change companies as many time and invest in as many companies as you want to

Alyabdo
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Alyabdo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:53 pm

Many thanks marcnath.