ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Primary Country Of Residence

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

geophil
Newly Registered

Primary Country Of Residence

Post by geophil » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:22 pm

Hi All,

I'm presently in the UK and completed living here 6 months and 10 days by now. I came on a business visa here and was getting salary from the Indian Office till Aug. 04 in Indian Rupees. After my work permit got approved in Sep. I've joined the UK main office and getting Salary here in UK. Now Can someone tell me which is my primary country of residence? Is it UK or India? I will have enough points to apply for HSMP only if my primary country of residence is India. Thanks and appreciate all help.

George

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:58 am

From HSMP guidance notes:

If you have lived and worked in more than one country during the past twelve months we will normally assess your income against the country where you have spent the longest period,on a pro-rata basis.In addition,if you have been seconded overseas and your salary continues to be paid elsewhere,the country where you receive your salary would normally be considered. For example if you have spent eight of the last 12 months in the United Kingdom and 4 in Nigeria,we will take your earned income in the United Kingdom divide it by 8 and multiply it by twelve to give an annual income figure.

From the way I see it, before Sept you were seconded to the UK and your salary was paid in India. Therefore, in the past 12 months, you received 9 months salary in India which should be considered on a pro rata basis.