ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial Requirement Urgent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rizarifpk123456

Financial Requirement Urgent

Post by rizarifpk123456 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:04 am

Hi All
I am planning to sponsor my wife on spouse visa but I am a bit confused about meeting the financial requirements.
I currently work as pizza delivery driver and get paid fortnightly. We also get paid delivery commission for each delivery which shows on my payslip plus the pay for hours worked every pay period. However on my wage slip this commission is not accounted towards as taxable income.
For example on my pay slip it will appear like this
Total Gross Pay= Hourly Pay+delivery commision
Gross Pay for Tax = Hourly Pay
Now the confusion is below as mentioned in Appendix FM 1.7 Financial Requirement

""5.5.7. Overtime, payments to cover travel time (e.g. for a care worker travelling between
appointments), commission-based pay and bonuses (which can include tips and
gratuities paid via a tronc scheme registered with HMRC) will be counted as income
from employment where they have been received in the relevant period(s) prior to the
date of application. Sometimes the person will receive the same amount of income from
overtime each month; sometimes overtime payments will vary, with different amounts (if
any) each month. All overtime in salaried employment will be calculated based on the
approach to income from non-salaried employment. This will be an annualised 6-month
average for the overtime which will be added to the level of the gross annual salary.
5.5.8. However, any future earnings that a person may earn by way of overtime, payments to
cover travel time, commission-based pay or bonuses will not count as income towards
the financial requirement. This exclusion also applies where an applicant’s partner seeks
to rely on a job offer in the UK that will start within three months of their return. There is
one exception to this: in respect of such a job offer in the UK, gross “on-target” earnings
which may be expected from satisfactory performance in the standard or core hours of
work can be included. This must be evidenced in the letter from the employer or signed
contract of employment which must be submitted. ""

Could someone expert in this field please advise if my income including my hourly pay plus my delivery commission will be calculated towards the financial requirement or just the hourly pay will be calculated towards the financial requirement.

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Financial Requirement Urgent

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:04 am

Why don't you adopt a very simplified way to meet financial requirement. For example if you are working for your employer from last 6 months then in addition of getting fixed hourly pay you also receiving varying commission then it means your total gross wages will also vary each month which HO care about. So instead to do two calculations why not you simply adopt category A non-salaried for the sake of simplicity and it also accepts. For this purpose the average of last 6 months is being taken to calculate annual wages like below:

Total of last 6 months gross wages ÷ 6 × 12= annual wages
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.