ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist visa help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

westy87
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Tourist visa help

Post by westy87 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:50 pm

HI all I have joined the forum hoping that it will make my task a little easier and have a couple of questions.
I have a friend who would like to visit the UK from Thailand but they have a criminal record. Does this need to be disclosed?
After reading through the documents required section of GOV.uk visa application, it doe not mention that this is the case on all counts. it does say you may need documentation but that seems a bit vague?
BTW they received a custodial Sentence for this of three years!
Many thanks Robert.

Tamara93
Newly Registered
Mood:
Slovenia

Re: Tourist visa help

Post by Tamara93 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:32 pm

When you are filling in the application there is a question that asks if the person has a criminal record. If you click yes I believe they ask for clarification which would be proof of why the have a conviction and so forth (although I am not 100% sure of this as my family did not have one).

In terms of what documents you are asked of, there is no clear list on what they need, just guidelines. I provided the following to my family as visitors to the UK:
- Proof of funds (bank account for last 3 months, can't remember what the minimum amount was)
- Proof of ties to home country (my family own real estate back home so we put the ownership paper, and a letter from my mom's employer) - I believe that this is more necessary as my whole family was visiting so UKBA would be afraid they'd stay here illegally so it's better to be safe
- Letter from me confirming they will be staying with me (contained my address, my personal details and proof of address (from bank))

I did not add any documents regarding the criminal record but then again, I did not answer yes on the application. But if you try concealing the truth they may not only get rejected but have a hard time getting the visa later on as well (at least I believe so, better if someone confirmed it but in general hiding information from UKBA is not a good thing).