ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU national with stamp4eufam UK visit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Malik10991
Mood:
Ireland

Non EU national with stamp4eufam UK visit

Post by Malik10991 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:32 pm

Hi there Folks,
Hope you are all good and pumped up for Christmas.
Just have a question my mother was recently granted a stamp4eufam and my dad is a British national exercising his treaty rights in Ireland. My mother would like to visit UK as she has got friends and family there to visit.
Does she needs a visa if yes then how to apply for one? She does have immigration history in the UK would that cause a problem?
Any advice do's and don't's will be much appreciated.
Thanks for your help.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: Non EU national with stamp4eufam UK visit

Post by shpirtshqipe » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:21 pm

Your mother will not require a visa to enter the UK if she’s accompanied by your father who’s the EU National who’s exercising the Treaty Rights in Ireland. To avoid arguments with the Immigration Officers she will need to bring along the marriage certificate to prove their relationship thus exercise the Treaty Rights. Some folks here in the forum will argue that such evidence may not be necessary (and they’re right) however practical experience suggests otherwise. So it’ll be in your best interest (and quicker) to bring along evidence of relationship with EU National.

Be aware that your mother can only travel without the need of a visa to the UK only when accompanied by your father. Any other EU member of the family does not have the right to exercise the EU Treaty, i.e. son or daughter who’s a EU national.

As for her previous immigration status depending on what it is may cause an obstacle however according to the EU Directive they have the right to Exercise the Treaty Rights.

If she travels alone to the UK then she’ll be subject to a Visitor Visa. She’ll need to apply for a 6 month multiple visa in the British Embassy in Dublin and pay the relevant fee. Usual turnaround times are about 2 weeks. During this time her passport will be with the British embassy thus her not be able to leave Ireland.
I think you can pay courier service at the embassy (online) for passport to be returned to you if you don’t live in Dublin or nearby (I used this service in my case and was secure)

Malik10991
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Non EU national with stamp4eufam UK visit

Post by Malik10991 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:25 pm

shpirtshqipe wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:21 pm
Your mother will not require a visa to enter the UK if she’s accompanied by your father who’s the EU National who’s exercising the Treaty Rights in Ireland. To avoid arguments with the Immigration Officers she will need to bring along the marriage certificate to prove their relationship thus exercise the Treaty Rights. Some folks here in the forum will argue that such evidence may not be necessary (and they’re right) however practical experience suggests otherwise. So it’ll be in your best interest (and quicker) to bring along evidence of relationship with EU National.

Be aware that your mother can only travel without the need of a visa to the UK only when accompanied by your father. Any other EU member of the family does not have the right to exercise the EU Treaty, i.e. son or daughter who’s a EU national.

As for her previous immigration status depending on what it is may cause an obstacle however according to the EU Directive they have the right to Exercise the Treaty Rights.

If she travels alone to the UK then she’ll be subject to a Visitor Visa. She’ll need to apply for a 6 month multiple visa in the British Embassy in Dublin and pay the relevant fee. Usual turnaround times are about 2 weeks. During this time her passport will be with the British embassy thus her not be able to leave Ireland.
I think you can pay courier service at the embassy (online) for passport to be returned to you if you don’t live in Dublin or nearby (I used this service in my case and was secure)
Thanks a Million for such a comprehensive reply. Much obliged :D