ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen- First Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mcmahon1
Newly Registered
Denmark

British Citizen- First Passport

Post by Mcmahon1 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:10 pm

I applied for citizenship and after almost 2 months it was approved and within 2 weeks I attended ceremony. Same day I sent of my application for British passport. Expecting to be called for an interview. I submitted my EU passport and naturalisation certificate. My original British Citizenship Application I filled in myself and sent of.

Today I got a text message saying.
You passport has been sent. You should have it tomorrow. Rang HMPO and they confirmed.

Why didn’t they call me for an interview? Anyone has the same experience.

Cheers

P1ZZA
Newly Registered
American Samoa

Re: British Citizen- First Passport

Post by P1ZZA » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:19 pm

Your identity is not an issue. So they just went ahead with your application I assume.

Another question: Mind sharing the exact time you received that text today?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British Citizen- First Passport

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:45 am

It used to be a rule that for any first passport application you were called for an interview, to establish your identity, to ensure you are not an imposter.
Seems this is not a strict rule with some applicants outside the JCAP process not being called. I was called for interview in December 2016.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.