ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General - Supporting Documents Returned (incl. BRP and passport photos)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sungminh3
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General - Supporting Documents Returned (incl. BRP and passport photos)

Post by sungminh3 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to ask around about what happened soon after I made an online application for Tier 2 (General) visa.

To provide context, I am currently in the UK on Tier 2 (General) but applied for a new Tier 2 (General) as my SOC changed. After completing the online application, my family and I went down to the post office to send the biometric information and supporting document listed on the checklist. For some reason, we have received all supporting documents including our current BRP and passport photos via UPS. What is confusing about this is that there are no letters clarifying why these were sent back. It is worrying, at least in my head, that this could be due to an issue associated with my application but there is no way to tell. I have contact the general inquiries phone number at Home Office but all I am hearing is that I should send a letter to find out.

If anyone has a similar experience or an explanation for this it would be great to know.

Best wishes,

Sung-Min

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier 2 General - Supporting Documents Returned (incl. BRP and passport photos)

Post by sptula » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Hello,
May I ask you, for the SOC change, do you require to get new CoS allocated ?

sungminh3
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General - Supporting Documents Returned (incl. BRP and passport photos)

Post by sungminh3 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:40 pm

Hi sptula,

I was issued a new CoS about 12 days ago. The new application was made via the website using this CoS.

Thanks,

Sung-Min

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:42 pm

Thanks for your prompt response.

I assume its a Unrestricted CoS as you are already in Tier 2 visa within UK

does that required a fresh RLMT to be done and then issue CoS ?

sungminh3
Newly Registered

Post by sungminh3 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Hi again,

My sponsor had to do a RLMT for this CoS. Quite stressful but it was done in the end. I'm now worried there is something wrong with the application but hopefully it will work out.

Thanks

SueZhang
Newly Registered
China

Post by SueZhang » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:52 pm

Hi Sung-Min,

Did you get any updates from the Home Office, because I have the same situation. I sent my supporting materials last Thursday and got all of them returned by UPS yesterday without any letter. I'm worried about if there is any problem with my application.

Sue

sungminh3
Newly Registered

Post by sungminh3 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:22 am

Hi Sue,

Sorry to hear you are having the same problem.

I was able to speak to a person from Home Office's 'Contact' team yesterday through our HR team. This however didn't provide much clarification, well not as much as I had hoped anyway.

Upon explaining my situation about documents, a lady over the phone suggested my documents may not have reached the right team. She was however unable to provide me with a clear explanation on why documents were returned as there weren't any notes on their system. I was put on hold while she made 'additional inquiries' but it appeared she didn't have access to the full application but rather just the status of it.

I also checked the address on the checklist to which I've sent the documents just in case it was sent to a wrong address. She was able to confirm that this was the right address but suggested I send all the documents back but writing 'Tier 2 Applications' as recipients rather than 'Tier 2, Tier 5 Standard' as written in the checklist. So I have sent all the documents back using a special delivery, with a cover letter explaining why, to the same address in hope that all will be fine.

I'll post again if anything happens (hopefully with good news).

Best wishes,

Sung-Min

SueZhang
Newly Registered
China

Post by SueZhang » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:06 pm

Dear Sung-Min,

Thanks for the kind reply. I use priority postal service, so I was able to contact the case management team today via email. They told me that my materials have been scanned so they returned the originals to me (but without further explanation about this). And later today I got another email said that my biometric information didn't reach to them due to system error. So I went to the Post Office to do another biometric enrolment, which is crazy cause the only branch can do this is 50 miles away.

Hope your application will go through smoothly.

Regards
Sue

sungminh3
Newly Registered

Post by sungminh3 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:05 am

Dear Sue,

Thanks for the update. I'm wondering if I should get in touch with them again to check if my biometrics have reached them too. I applied using a standard service so maybe I should get in touch with them to check this.

For clarity, did you get your BRP, passport photos, and the checklist returned to you as well? or were the returned documents only the passports? My concern was mainly due to the BRP cards being returned as I don't remember them returning these.

Many thanks for the update once again and I hope all goes well.

Best wishes,

Sung-Min

SueZhang
Newly Registered
China

Post by SueZhang » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:59 pm

Hi Sung-Min,

I got my passport and other supporting materials back all together. I am currently granted on leave of Tier 4, which was approved 5 years ago. So my case is no BRP, I only have a vignette visa stick on my passport. Hope this will help you.

Regards,
Sue

sungminh3
Newly Registered

Post by sungminh3 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:07 am

Hi Sue,

Thank you for letting me know. I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens.

Best wishes,

Sung-Min

juie148
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by juie148 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:51 pm

Hi,

So, what have you both done. I received all my documents today with no letter from the Home office. I did my biometric on 23rd Dec 2017 and had posted all my documents on 22nd Dec 2017.

Thanks and Regards,
Juie.

dhina
Newly Registered

Post by dhina » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:20 pm

Dear Friends,

I am also in the same situation - return of all documents via UPS without a clarification letter. Please advise the way forward in this process.

Thanks and regards,
Dhina.

bmor
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by bmor » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:16 am

Hi all,

I just wanted to add my experience which may or may not help your concerns.
Briefly: Applied for Tier2 General Extension (standard) 14 Dec. Posted Application 15 Dec. On 20 December, the entire contents of my application was returned - passport, BRP card, Pictures, Checklist. No note or anything.

As this concerned me, I made all the phone calls - mostly with unhelpful advise - but finally I spoke to someone who confirmed that as my sponsor is 'premium' once the office get the posted application, they process it and return the entire application straight away. They told me that I didn't need to resend anything and that they could tell that 'in the system' was all ok.

Thi12345
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by Thi12345 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:32 pm

Hi sungminh3 and bmor,
I am currently in the exact same situation. Would you mind letting me know what had happened after this?

chenxq1216
Newly Registered
China

Post by chenxq1216 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:51 pm

SueZhang wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:59 pm
Hi Sung-Min,

I got my passport and other supporting materials back all together. I am currently granted on leave of Tier 4, which was approved 5 years ago. So my case is no BRP, I only have a vignette visa stick on my passport. Hope this will help you.

Regards,
Sue

Hi, all,

I am in the same situation. Posted all documents and provided my bio-metric information at 18th June and received all documents at 26th June.

I should be most grateful if anyone would tell me the result of your Tier 2 application?

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Joyce

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:35 pm

This is an old thread and the OP has not logged in for almost 6 months.

Anyone who has similar issues, please post on your own thread !!
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.