ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR BRP card valid for 10 years only??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tony501
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR BRP card valid for 10 years only??

Post by tony501 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Hi All,

Hope all is well. I have been wondering if anyone could help. I would be really grateful.

Basically, I'm a British Citizen, but my wife isn't. Me and my wife married in UK. Back in 2012, she got Indefinite Leave to Remain BRP Card (pink Residence Permitcard ). Somehow, it has an expiry date of year 2022 on the card itself.

Does anyone know what it means please? Why does it have an expiry date?

Also, most importantly, what would I need to do for my wife in order to renew this BRP card when it expires please? What form should we use and what type of documents will we need to provide?? Where do we need to go? Is it going to be a heavy application with lots of requirements/documents to provide again please?

Many thanks!
Tony

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR BRP card valid for 10 years only??

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:05 pm

Does anyone know what it means please? Why does it have an expiry date?
It needs to be renewed in the same way as a passport or drivers licence because peoples' features change and biometrics needs updating.

Apply for a new card, £56 by post or more if applying in person.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rmit-brprc

Is there any reason why she hasn't applied for British Citizenship??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.