ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 - ILR - foreseeable future timeline

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier2Gen_ILR
Newly Registered
India

Tier2 - ILR - foreseeable future timeline

Post by Tier2Gen_ILR » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:15 am

Hi,

I've been in the UK on Tier2 General visa from January 2013. I'm planning to apply for ILR in January 2018.

In the list of the required documents, I understand I have to provide a letter from my employer(sponsor) that I would be still working for them for foreseeable future.

I've been working for a client and we have current contract with them till June 2018.

I would like to know whether this 6 months can be considered as foreseeable future? Is there any specified time mentioned for foreseeable future?

Please clarify.

Thanks,

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier2 - ILR - foreseeable future timeline

Post by makky86 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:26 am

Tier2Gen_ILR wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:15 am
Hi,

I've been in the UK on Tier2 General visa from January 2013. I'm planning to apply for ILR in January 2018.

In the list of the required documents, I understand I have to provide a letter from my employer(sponsor) that I would be still working for them for foreseeable future.

I've been working for a client and we have current contract with them till June 2018.

I would like to know whether this 6 months can be considered as foreseeable future? Is there any specified time mentioned for foreseeable future?

Please clarify.

Thanks,
If the employer provides you the letter with the wording "foreseeable future" then it will be totally fine
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

Tier2Gen_ILR
Newly Registered
India

Post by Tier2Gen_ILR » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:53 am

Hi makky,

Many thanks for your reply. My employer is a bit worried whether 6 months is considered as foreseeable future or not because my current assignment is till June 2018. But, even after that I would be still working for my same employer. I'm wondering is there any way to get more details about the wording - "foreseeable future" please.

thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:15 pm

There is no 'specified time' stated for foreseeable future. The immigration rules state the following.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... sed-system
245HF. Requirements for indefinite leave to remain as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant or Tier 2 (Sportsperson) Migrant
To qualify for indefinite leave to remain as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant or Tier 2 (Sportsperson) Migrant, an applicant must meet the requirements listed below. If the applicant meets these requirements, indefinite leave to remain will be granted. If the applicant does not meet these requirements, the application will be refused.

Requirements:

(a) The applicant must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal, and must not be an illegal entrant.
(b) The applicant must have spent a continuous period of 5 years lawfully in the UK, of which the most recent period must have been spent with leave as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant or Tier 2 (Sportsperson) Migrant, in any combination of the following categories:
(i) as a Tier 1 Migrant, other than a Tier 1 (Post Study Work) Migrant or a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Migrant,
(ii) as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant, a Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) Migrant or a Tier 2 (Sportsperson) Migrant,
(iii) as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant, provided the continuous period of 5 years spent lawfully in the UK includes a period of leave as:
(1) a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant granted under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010, or
(2) a Work Permit Holder, provided that the work permit was granted because the applicant was the subject of an Intra-Company Transfer,
(iv) as a Representative of an Overseas Business,
(v) as a Highly Skilled Migrant, or
(vi) as a Work Permit Holder.
(c) The Sponsor that issued the Certificate of Sponsorship that led to the applicant’s last grant of leave must:
(i) still hold a Tier 2 Sponsor licence in the relevant category, or have an application for a renewal of such a licence currently under consideration by the Home Office; and
(ii) certify in writing:
(1) that he still requires the applicant for the employment in question for the foreseeable future,
(2) the gross annual salary paid by the Sponsor, and that this salary will be paid for the foreseeable future,
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SZaid
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by SZaid » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:39 pm

Hi Tier2Gen_ILR, Any update? Thanks

ILR_applicant_47
Newly Registered
India

Post by ILR_applicant_47 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:32 pm

Hi Tier2Gen_ILR, I'm in a similar situation as you except my employer needs me until March 2019 (11 months)

They are do not want to add "foreseeable future" but have stated that I'm on a fixed term contract that maybe extendable after March 2019.

How did your application go? and what did you ultimately say in your letter? (other than "foreseeable future") any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks