ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can a non-EEA resident in Ireland work in the UK?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hellohellohello
Newly Registered
United States of America

Can a non-EEA resident in Ireland work in the UK?

Post by hellohellohello » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:25 pm

My two friends recently were wondering about this and I told them about this website. My Brazilian friend has been married to an Irish man for about 1 year and she is a resident in Ireland as the wife. He has a good job and is under contract but the Brazilian woman wants to work in the UK because she sees better opportunity in accounting field.
Is she able to work in the UK if he remains in Ireland for about a year and then he joins her?
In other words, does having a spouse resident permit in Ireland allow her to work in the UK?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Can a non-EEA resident in Ireland work in the UK?

Post by Wanderer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:21 pm

hellohellohello wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:25 pm
My two friends recently were wondering about this and I told them about this website. My Brazilian friend has been married to an Irish man for about 1 year and she is a resident in Ireland as the wife. He has a good job and is under contract but the Brazilian woman wants to work in the UK because she sees better opportunity in accounting field.
Is she able to work in the UK if he remains in Ireland for about a year and then he joins her?
In other words, does having a spouse resident permit in Ireland allow her to work in the UK?
She would need a UK work permit (Tier 2) to work in UK alone. If he moved to UK and exercised a treaty right (ie not in UK just as a visitor) she could join him and work as his EEA partner but would restart her immigration clock from zero. Irish spouse visa carries no weight at all in UK or anywhere else.

There is almost no immigration control between UK and Ireland for UK and Irish citizens (well, none at all really) but that does not extend to non-UK/IRL/EU spouses etc, they have to qualify in a way mentioned above.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

hellohellohello
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Can a non-EEA resident in Ireland work in the UK?

Post by hellohellohello » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:14 am

Thank you. I will let them know