ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to make sure that payment goes through?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pedrosa666
Newly Registered

How to make sure that payment goes through?

Post by pedrosa666 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:36 pm

Evening,

HO tried to charge my CC with the application fee last week by Capital One declined the transaction as part of their anti-fraud system. I have now received the letter asking me to provide new payment details.

So, my question is... How can I make sure that my payment goes through this time? I'll provide them with debit card details on this occasion.

It's a shame they couldn't just try the same card on the following day after I authorised it with Capital One.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: How to make sure that payment goes through?

Post by silverchloride » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:44 pm

I guess let the bank know that you are expecting the HO to take X amount from the card and they should make sure there are no blockages? Debit card is usually the best!

Fingers crossed it goes through smoothly for you.

It's such a shame they cant have an online system where you can make the payment, and then just attach the confirmation number or print out. It would save so much time and confusion compared to writing your card details on a piece of paper for them to try...

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:52 pm

Payment by cheque or bankers draft would be the least chance of failure. There's always a chance cards will be declined. You are at the whim of the cards security checks. Some posts on here claimed you can if lucky get put through to the payment section of UKVI and were able to make payment over the phone. But depended on phone operator at the time.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:01 am

mrgs1 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:52 pm
Payment by cheque or bankers draft would be the least chance of failure.
I second the payment by demand draft/banker's cheque. There is an extra charge for it (from the bank, not the Home Office), but you get certainty.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

pedrosa666
Newly Registered

Post by pedrosa666 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:11 pm

Thanks everyone for your input :)

Now that you have mentioned it, I will probably go with a banker's draft/cheque. The only problem is that I have very little time to return it to HO (they posted letter on the 20th and I got it on the 23rd), I have now 10 days to return it and we all know what time of a year it is...

Long story short, I have never used cheques so I don't have a cheque book. I'm guessing that I would need one to write someone a cheque? So it seems like banker's draft is the only option for me, providing that it's as easy as going to my bank and asking them to issue a banker's draft?

Kind regards,
Pav