ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to India - Child Passport with expiry less than 6 Months

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AA321

Travel to India - Child Passport with expiry less than 6 Months

Post by AA321 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:42 pm

Hi All,

First of all, a big thanks members and moderators of this forum as this site helped all my queries related to ILR when I applied for ILR for myself & my family. Now I am in need of support/ clarification for my travel.

We (Myself, Spouse & Child) have an emergency trip planned to India next week and returning to UK on 08-Jan-2018. We all have ILR.

My spouse passport has good amount validity time (2+ Years) and my passport expires in Nov'2018 (6+ months). I hope this should be fine. However, my child's passport is expiring in Mid of Jun'2018 and when we travel to India and return back to UK on 08-Jan'18, his password will have validity less than 6 Months.

We had a plan to apply for renewal during this term holiday, but due to this emergency trip we will have to renew after our return.

Can you please let me know if this will cause any issue in my travel and entering India & UK.

I have checked this forum and few threads are explaining it should be fine, Just thought of clarifying my situation as well.

Many thanks in anticipation..

AA321

Re: Travel to India - Child Passport with expiry less than 6 Months

Post by AA321 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:14 pm

Can you please provide your support on my query...

AA321

Re: Travel to India - Child Passport with expiry less than 6 Months

Post by AA321 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:04 pm

Completed my travel....

Travelled with child's old passport and at airport the airways team have confirmed that it wont be an issue with travelling that passport from & to UK...

In India, we have renewed my child's passport and got in 2 days...

Thanks all and thought of sharing my updates here...