ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Netherland Dual Nationality

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vabli2
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Netherland Dual Nationality

Post by Vabli2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:48 am

According to Dutch nationality law, A Dutch citizen can have dual nationality if he/she obtains the other nationality through marriage (his/her spouse nationality). Now here is my case and I need a piece of advice for that, please.

I am a Pakistani citizen, married to my Dutch wife, both living in the United Kingdom from past many years. I am still a Pakistani citizen, holding an EU family permit on my wife's behalf. I am due to get UK permanent residence, which leads to British nationality. And I am also eligible for Dutch naturalization abroad towards obtaining Dutch Passport ( That can only be done before getting British citizen as Dutch Nationality law allows Dutch nationality abroad only from a 3rd country and not in the country of nationality). I want my wife and myself to have dual nationality (Dutch and British). My wife can become British Citizen but she has to surrender Dutch nationlaity or if I have British nationality first, she can then become a British citizen because of her husband is British citizen. But then I have to surrender my Dutch nationality to become British. Or else if she becomes British first, sacrificing her Dutch nationality then I can be British after becoming Dutch first, but then she would not be Dutch anymore.
Is there any way for both of us to have both nationalities by any strategy, please?