ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some questions regarding immigration of dependents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Arj
Newly Registered

Some questions regarding immigration of dependents

Post by Arj » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:31 pm

Could you please tell me whether my dependents would have to get their EC along with me? Or can it be done after the 3-month period set by HSMP team.

I have read in discussion boards that applicants have 3 months after EC in which they must enter the UK. Do my dependents also have the same 3-month time limit? Or can they come later?

atif_mumtaz
Newly Registered

Kayalani! Please respond to this question. Same is my issue.

Post by atif_mumtaz » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:13 pm

Can I go to UK with entry clearance and my dependents will come after 4 months, it is possible? Shall I have to get them stamped with me for entry clearance or they can apply later?
Regards
Atif

anupvijay

Post by anupvijay » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:30 pm

Another version :wink:

What if a person gets an EC and then within 3 months goes back to his
home country and gets married.
What is the status of his/her spouse now ?

Cheers,
Anup

tdabash

Re: Kayalani! Please respond to this question. Same is my is

Post by tdabash » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:45 pm

Hello there,

There is no law in the UK can ever prevent a dependant from joining his/her parent(s) any time as long as the parent(s) is / are 'in legal immigration status'. If any ECO made a wrong decision against a dependant, it would be subject to a winner appeal.

I think the 3 months limit put for HSMP candidates is for the leave to be activated.

If you are applying for your dependant to come with you while you are still overseas, his/ her EC can not be a day more than your EC in your passport.

Once you are here in the UK your immigration status is established. Your dependants can join you for the period in your leave.

It is sensible for overseas candidates to come to the UK without their dependants in the first instance until they find their feet, and then be joined by their dependants. However, if your child is slightly below 18 years you better bring him/ her to the UK before his/ her 18th birthday.

Whether to bring your dependant(s) within 3 months or later is subject to personal factors.

It is you alone who can decide.

Please do not worry about the immigration status of your child. UK laws protect children.

Good luck

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:50 pm

anupvijay wrote:
What if a person gets an EC and then within 3 months goes back to his
home country and gets married. What is the status of his/her spouse now ?
The spouse of someone who holds EC in the relevant cateogory and eligible to apply for a corresponding dependent visa subject to meeting the rest of the immigration rules - until such an application is positively decided the person has no status in relation to the UK immigration system - sorry did you think it would make you more marketable :lol: .

anupvijay

Post by anupvijay » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:00 pm

:P :lol:
Nice one Kayalami :o)

No it never occured to me that it could make me more marketeable :o)
Now that you have blessed me with the idea I can think on those lines
:-))

Jokes apart.....
What I meant was that is there any stipulated time married couples should
stay together before a EC for spouse can be applied ? I am aware of a
2 year period in case of unmarried partners. (unlucky there too ;-) )

Cheers,
Anup

tdabash

Post by tdabash » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:14 pm

WELL DONE KAY ALAMI,

anupvijay, Please refer to the immigration rule 135

:roll:

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:23 pm

anupvijay wrote
What I meant was that is there any stipulated time married couples should stay together before a EC for spouse can be applied ?
The marriage should subsist at least until the EC post is open to accept applications :lol: Jokes apart....there in no minimum period.. you can apply at any time.

tdabash wrote
WELL DONE KAY ALAMI
You remind me of my elementary school teacher- are you one by any chance - if so can I get a sticker... :lol: .