ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

want to bring my sister over

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gregorevna
Newly Registered

want to bring my sister over

Post by gregorevna » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:13 pm

:? my sister(non EU NATIONAL) just went trough a very bad experience back at home. now me and my husband who is Irish want to bring her over on a visiting visa i just don't know how to go about it . can any one help me please?[/i]

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: want to bring my sister over

Post by Wanderer » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:15 pm

gregorevna wrote::? my sister(non EU NATIONAL) just went trough a very bad experience back at home. now me and my husband who is Irish want to bring her over on a visiting visa i just don't know how to go about it . can any one help me please?[/i]
Ty russkaya?

Anyway, assuming you are in UK it's a visitor visa from your nearest UK consulate.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

stmellon

Post by stmellon » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:17 pm

Non EU national is a bit vague - some would be eligible to travel to the UK without a visa e.g. Americans, Japanese.

You first stage is to visit www.ukvisas.gov.uk and click on "Do I Need A Visa?"

If she does, then read the information for sponsors and the application form for visitors and post any further questions here 8)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:19 pm

stmellon wrote:Non EU national is a bit vague - some would be eligible to travel to the UK without a visa e.g. Americans, Japanese.

You first stage is to visit www.ukvisas.gov.uk and click on "Do I Need A Visa?"

If she does, then read the information for sponsors and the application form for visitors and post any further questions here 8)
I suspect Russia Gregorevna sounds like a patronymic for a Russian woman...

gregorevna
Newly Registered

Post by gregorevna » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:32 pm

THANKS FOR THE INFO. I'm actualy Moldovan. i dont know how i got here but im in ireland so i take it nothing helps

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:40 pm

gregorevna wrote:THANKS FOR THE INFO. I'm actualy Moldovan. i dont know how i got here but im in ireland so i take it nothing helps
Moldova, Russia, same thing! (ducks for cover...)

U'll need an Irish Tourist or Visitor visa then from her nearest Irish consulate which is probably Bucharest.

Is ur husband Irish? If he's British he might be able to use the extended family member thing but that might be for PR....

You must remember; Spasibo Tvarishu Stalinu za nasha shastliviye detstvo.....

Sorry of bad Russian, or sorry for Russian even...

PS, means Thank you Comrade Stalin for our happy Childhood, a common slogan in Soviet times which upset my gf's dad when I showed off with it.....

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:43 pm

gregorevna wrote:..i dont know how i got here but..
I saw a programme on TV about that once.

gregorevna
Newly Registered

Post by gregorevna » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:53 pm

that's the biggest ever offence I've ever got. :x just because Russia ruled Moldova one day it doesn't mean its the same thing. We are a republic now even do the president is from a communist party. he will be gone soon. and yes i do know what ur little remark means, no offence but i disagree we where all brainwashed THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP DO :cry:

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:58 pm

gregorevna wrote:that's the biggest ever offence I've ever got. :x just because Russia ruled Moldova one day it doesn't mean its the same thing. We are a republic now even do the president is from a communist party. he will be gone soon. and yes i do know what ur little remark means, no offence but i disagree we where all brainwashed THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP DO :cry:
Hey, I was saying same thing! I was referring to how Russia and Stalin crushed the Republics and the People and tried to brainwash them.

Thing is, Russia still thinks it is the Soviet Union....

gregorevna
Newly Registered

Post by gregorevna » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:03 pm

Wanderer wrote:
gregorevna wrote:that's the biggest ever offence I've ever got. :x just because Russia ruled Moldova one day it doesn't mean its the same thing. We are a republic now even do the president is from a communist party. he will be gone soon. and yes i do know what ur little remark means, no offence but i disagree we where all brainwashed THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP DO :cry:
Hey, I was saying same thing! I was referring to how Russia and Stalin crushed the Republics and the People and tried to brainwash them.

well that makes it better r u from russia. ur info help allot thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:12 pm

gregorevna wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

No girlfriend is, actually I like Russian people (mostly) and Russian language and culture. She is Siberkaya not Moskvitcha so everytime I've been their it's been fine. Real Russia.

I like Zemfira and Tsoi!

gregorevna
Newly Registered

Post by gregorevna » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:18 pm

Wanderer wrote:
gregorevna wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

No girlfriend is, actually I like Russian people (mostly) and Russian language and culture. She is Siberkaya not Moskvitcha so everytime I've been their it's been fine. Real Russia.

I like Zemfira and Tsoi!
o yeah tsoi is the best ever. just out of curiosity, how long have u two been together. u have good Russian. I'm teaching my hubby Moldovan at the mo

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:53 pm

gregorevna wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
gregorevna wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

I like Zemfira and Tsoi!
o yeah tsoi is the best ever. just out of curiosity, how long have u two been together. u have good Russian. I'm teaching my hubby Moldovan at the mo
I have the book 'Pesleniye Geroi' about him - I am reading it at the moment - reading is easier than writing or speaking for the learner!

We met in April 2004 in the Urals, 07:15, Chelyabinsk Station, I'll never forget!

We decided to get to know each other on UK student visa, so she's been here on that since April 2005 and we've lived together mostly ever since. I say mostly since she had a year abroad in Germany for language. That's how we met really - through language studies.

I don't know Moldovan but I imagine it's like Romanian? Which is like a French/Italian mix...

gregorevna
Newly Registered

Post by gregorevna » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:21 pm

Wanderer wrote:
grigorevna wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
grigorevna wrote: well that makes it better r u from russia. ur info help allot thanks
No girlfriend is, actually I like Russian people (mostly) and Russian language and culture. She is Siberkaya not Moskvitch so everytime I've been their it's been fine. Real Russia.

I like Zemfira and Tsoi!
I have the book 'Pesleniye Geroi' about him - I am reading it at the moment - reading is easier than writing or speaking for the learner!

We met in April 2004 in the Urals, 07:15, Chelyabinsk Station, I'll never forget!

We decided to get to know each other on UK student visa, so she's been here on that since April 2005 and we've lived together mostly ever since. I say mostly since she had a year abroad in Germany for language. That's how we met really - through language studies.

I don't know Moldovan but I imagine it's like Romanian? Which is like a French/Italian mix...
oh how lovely to hear hope u two are happy together. Moldovan is Romanian, but we don't like to call it that, i think the guv is trying to change its name to Moldovan language just for the only reason that we can right Russian with a Latin alphabet. so there's a bit of inside info for ya