ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR child 7 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Galaa
United Kingdom

ILR child 7 years

Post by Galaa » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:23 pm

Hi All,

My family (me, my wife and my son who were 5 years old) came to the UK in October 2010 as I am a PhD student in science. Now we are under Tier-2 visa since January 2017. The 7-year child rule was changed at 2012 so I am not sure we could apply for ILR under the rule.

Is anyone have an idea?

P.S We had a girl July 2014 and she does not have any visa to remain in UK since she born in UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR child 7 years

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:30 pm

The 7-year child rule was changed at 2012 so I am not sure we could apply for ILR under the rule
This route is NOT an application for ILR. My understanding is that it is a 10 year FLR(FP) route (4 x 2.5 year visas) to ILR. It is not the easiest visa to get.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Galaa
United Kingdom

Post by Galaa » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:25 am

@CR001 Thanks for your reply.

Our current Tier-2 visa expires on July/2019 but we will be eligible to apply for ILR on Oct/2020. As my son lived in the UK continuously for more than 7 years, by July/2019 it going to be 8 years and 9 months, it seems that we may able to apply for the family visa which is for 2.5 years. But how hard this visa to get? Is this the one you have mentioned, a 10-year FLR(FP)?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:37 am

But how hard this visa to get? Is this the one you have mentioned, a 10-year FLR(FP)?
It is not an easy visa to get and it can take many months, sometimes a year or more before you get a result. Yes, you would be on the 10 year FLR(FP) route. There is no quick or easy option.

Your best option would be to continue on the Tier 2 route and get ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.