ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (10 years) Dependant Minor MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

siddpaturi
Newly Registered
India

ILR (10 years) Dependant Minor MN1

Post by siddpaturi » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:16 pm

Hi All, Happy New Year. Hope you had a good relaxing break.

I have recently been successful in getting a ILR on the 10 year route (from Tier 2). Following that I have submitted an application under the Family Visa route for my wife.

We have a 3yo who was born in the UK. I have everything ready to apply for a MN1 (Registering a under 18yo as a British citizen), but we are planning a holiday in March and was wondering if I could submit her application after we have returned and whether there would be any issues at the immigration counter? Toddler is currently on a Tier 2 dependent visa till Dec 2019.

The current waiting times for MN1 is approx. 4-6months, possibly due to Brexit. And I don't think there is a premium service for this application?

I have two questions:

1. Can a 3yo born in the UK travel in and out of the country on the old Tier 2 dependent visa which may now be considered invalid, do same rules apply to adults and minors?

2. Is there a premium service for MN1 (Registering a under 18yo as a British citizen)?

As always, grateful for your advice.

Regards

Sid

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR (10 years) Dependant Minor MN1

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:46 pm

1. Can a 3yo born in the UK travel in and out of the country on the old Tier 2 dependent visa which may now be considered invalid, do same rules apply to adults and minors?
Probably not as you are changing the other parents visa.
2. Is there a premium service for MN1 (Registering a under 18yo as a British citizen)?
No. You can apply either by post or through NCS at the council which means you get to keep all original documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.