ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help for Flr (Fp)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shruti0983
Newly Registered
India

Help for Flr (Fp)

Post by shruti0983 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:11 pm

HI

I came in country in 2008 and I came on igs dependent visa.Than in October 2009 my husband got tier 1 general so I had 3 year visa as pbs dependant. In October 2009 when my husband applied for extension he got refusal due to old solicitor so as I. Then we lodge an appeal.But before hearing my husband finished 10 years of residence so solicitor sugget us to apply for indefinite on basis of long residence and he applied on 10 years route and I filled up Flrm and we withdraw application for pbs. Then my husband got refusal again and so as me.But due to some misunderstanding I was unable to lodge appeal.Now my husband got Ilr and my two kids have british passport but I don't have any visa.

Then I was suggested by my solicitor to fill Flr(Fp). which I did in may 2017.My biometric was done in july 2017.but I am still waiting for outcome of my application. Does any body have any idea how the process go and how long does in take to get visa on this route.

jane2018
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Help for Flr (Fp)

Post by jane2018 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:11 pm

I submitted my flr(fp) as a spouse of UK citizen in Nov 2016, got rejection in Nov 2017.
As far as I know a year waiting is normal for flr(fp) because the home office automatically labells these cases " of high complexity" and thus out of any timeframe.

I had a very bad experience with the Home Office. I filed a complaint against them and preparing a lawsuit. I am also working close with my MP.

PS. I have a legal status+ I married for several years to a UK born citizen+I have a UK citizen child+no crim records/no immigration law violations+enough money+a doctorate degree from a University in the USA.

sam550
United Kingdom

Re: Help for Flr (Fp)

Post by sam550 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:24 pm

shruti0983 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:11 pm
HI

I came in country in 2008 and I came on igs dependent visa.Than in October 2009 my husband got tier 1 general so I had 3 year visa as pbs dependant. In October 2009 when my husband applied for extension he got refusal due to old solicitor so as I. Then we lodge an appeal.But before hearing my husband finished 10 years of residence so solicitor sugget us to apply for indefinite on basis of long residence and he applied on 10 years route and I filled up Flrm and we withdraw application for pbs. Then my husband got refusal again and so as me.But due to some misunderstanding I was unable to lodge appeal.Now my husband got Ilr and my two kids have british passport but I don't have any visa.

Then I was suggested by my solicitor to fill Flr(Fp). which I did in may 2017.My biometric was done in july 2017.but I am still waiting for outcome of my application. Does any body have any idea how the process go and how long does in take to get visa on this route.

Waiting time for FLR FP application is about 8 - 12 months you maybe lucky to get your decision little bit early but there are few ppl on here waiting for over 12 months now.