ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP, language certificates from NARIC

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dorson
Newly Registered
China

HELP, language certificates from NARIC

Post by dorson » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:34 am

Dear all,

I hold a PhD degree from Italy, Master and Bachelor degree from China.

Since my PhD was taught in English, so I have applied two certificates for my PhD degree from NARIC which are Statement of Comparability for my PhD degree and English language assessment(C1).

Does it mean that these two certificates satisfy the English requirement for T2 general Visa? And I don't need to take a IELTS(I had several IELTS scores, but many years ago, so I think they are not available).

I am waiting for your reply, and so grateful.

Many thanks!

Happy new year!

dorson
Newly Registered
China

Re: HELP, language certificates from NARIC

Post by dorson » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:40 am

And just now I realised there are two types : blue route and red route.
I applied via blue route. Does it matter?

scottishindian
Mood:
India

Post by scottishindian » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:22 am

I think red route is for immigration and blue for academic purpose. For my tier 2 visa, I have been advised to use red route. Please check naric website.

dorson
Newly Registered
China

Post by dorson » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:37 am

scottishindian wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:22 am
I think red route is for immigration and blue for academic purpose. For my tier 2 visa, I have been advised to use red route. Please check naric website.
Thank you so much!

Can I ask if these two certificates have been done via red route, does it mean I dont need ITELS test ?
And PhD degree is also taken into consideration not only bachelor, is it right?

I appreciate your help! Happy new year!

scottishindian
Mood:
India

Post by scottishindian » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:41 am

I don't know about PhD degree. I applied for qualification comparability (my bachelor's) and English language assessment through red route. English language assessment certificate pending for medium of instruction letter from University. Even if final certificate has medium of instruction details, naric requires a separate medium of instruction letter from the University. PhD degree should also be same with respect to these two certificates application procedure

dorson
Newly Registered
China

Post by dorson » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:46 am

scottishindian wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:41 am
I don't know about PhD degree. I applied for qualification comparability (my bachelor's) and English language assessment through red route. English language assessment certificate pending for medium of instruction letter from University. Even if final certificate has medium of instruction details, naric requires a separate medium of instruction letter from the University. PhD degree should also be same with respect to these two certificates application procedure
Many thanks, actually I have already got the two certificates via blue route. I dont know if they work or not.

Maybe I will apply for the new one.

Thanks again!

lilyrose
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by lilyrose » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:42 am

hi Dorson

I did the exact same thing. Applied the documents via blue route and then realised i should have chosen the red route. However, our solicitor rang the NARIC and they confirmed the combination of the two documents, Statement of Comparability and English Language Assessment, is the same as the one you get via red route.

You have to make sure the English Language Assessment refers to the same degree as the one on the Statement of Comparability.

I got my visa approval in Dec.

Hope this helps and good luck!