ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 to citizenship-spouse out of country before 5 years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

varghesejim
India

tier 1 to citizenship-spouse out of country before 5 years

Post by varghesejim » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:22 am

Hello fellow members,

We both came to uk in 2009. Wife travelled to India in 2012 for delivery and came back march 2013. We both and kid got ILR in June 2014.

We are planning to apply for citizenship now. I have seen the following in the https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/bir ... tion-form/website

Most applications fail because the applicant was not present in the United Kingdom at the beginning of the residential qualifying period.

Here is an example:

If your NCS appointment is on 20 January 2017 you would have to show that you were in the UK on 21 January 2012 (five years previously), if you are applying as a spouse of a British Citizen the date would be 21/01/2014 (three years previously).

My wife came back to UK after 10 months around march 2013. Does that mean she can only apply after march 2018?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: tier 1 to citizenship-spouse out of country before 5 years

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:55 am

My wife came back to UK after 10 months around march 2013. Does that mean she can only apply after march 2018?
Yes, at least 5 years from the date she returned in 2013. There is NO discretion for the 'physically present' requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.