ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa Form Help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ikhan7

Mother and Mother in law Visa (Pakistan)

Post by ikhan7 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:35 am

Hi,
My wife is pregnant and I would like to invite my mother and mother in law to UK to spend some time with us. I am British citizen and my wife came to UK last year on spouse visa. I have few questions if anyone can help please:
1. My mother and mother in law both are house wives ,both dont have any saving/banks balance to show. id it going to cause problem.
2. I am renting one bed room apartment do I have to get bigger place before their application. I will get bigger place once they get their visa but at the moment I dont want to put extra monthly expense.
3. My wife expected delivery date is 25 Feb 2018 , when should they apply so they both get here before delivery.
4. Do I have to show balance in my bank account as I will be sponsoring their trip.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Mother and Mother in law Visa (Pakistan)

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:41 pm

Most importantly your mother and mother-in-law will both have to submit evidence of financial self-sufficiency in Pakistan.

Proof of strong ties to their home country is also essential such as property ownership, dependent relatives etc in order to convince the Case Worker that they have more reason to return than to remain with family in the UK.

For a visit your present accommodation should be adequate, assuming the living room can be used as a bedroom.

They can request the visa to be forward dated for up to 3 months ahead.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ikhan7

Help Visit Visa

Post by ikhan7 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:09 pm

Hi,
I am applying visit visa from Pakistan for my Mother and Mother in Law as my wife is expecting. I wold like bit of help. Any help would be appreciated.
I am sending following documents to my Mother an Mother in law for their application,
1- My 6 months Bank statement.
2- My 6 months payslips.
3- My tenancy agreement
4- My British Passport copy.
5- Sponsor ship letter.
7- Letter from NHS(Midwife).
8- Copy of my wife passport(Pakistani passport) and BRP card copy.
Questions:
-Are these documents fine or I am missing any?
-Do I have to attest passport copies , if yes who can attest? can these copies be attested by company's Finance director ?
-In visa application form length of stay ,how long should be mentioned? does it matter if they mention 2 months and stay for 3 or more months.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help Visit Visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:17 pm

What are they each submitting to prove their financial, social, family, employment etc ties to home country? It has more to do with their documents than yours.
-Do I have to attest passport copies , if yes who can attest? can these copies be attested by company's Finance director ?
Post Office does it for a fee.
-In visa application form length of stay ,how long should be mentioned? does it matter if they mention 2 months and stay for 3 or more months.
Yes, it does matter as it can be a reason for future visa refusals as many members have unfortunately experienced.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ikhan7

Post by ikhan7 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:17 pm
What are they each submitting to prove their financial, social, family, employment etc ties to home country? It has more to do with their documents than yours.

Hi CR001,
Thanks for your reply. My mother and mother in law both are house wives so they dont have any bank statements. Both have property on their name apart from property there is no other saving etc.
For family and home country ties what should be submitted.
Thanks

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:22 pm

ikhan7 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:25 pm
CR001 wrote:

Hi CR001,
Thanks for your reply. My mother and mother in law both are house wives so they dont have any bank statements. Both have property on their name apart from property there is no other saving etc.
Thanks
Hello,
Khan Brother without their bank statements it will be a clear refusal in my view. ECO's r most interested to see Applicant financial sufficiency than the sponsor. Property alone carries very little weight. Even if u r bearing all the cost of the trip still they want to see applicant financial and economic ties.
What is your father and father in law do? Its better to show their bank statements and source of income.
What other documents u r showing for your mother and mother in law apart of their passports and property documents?

ikhan7

Post by ikhan7 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:56 am

Route to ILR wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:22 pm
ikhan7 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:25 pm
CR001 wrote:

Hi CR001,
Thanks
Hello,
Khan Brother without their bank statements it will be a clear refusal in my view. ECO's r most interested to see Applicant financial sufficiency than the sponsor. Property alone carries very little weight. Even if u r bearing all the cost of the trip still they want to see applicant financial and economic ties.
What is your father and father in law do? Its better to show their bank statements and source of income.
What other documents u r showing for your mother and mother in law apart of their passports and property documents?
Hi,
I know without bank statement the case is weak , but I dont have any other option so I will give it a go and see. My father and father in law both retired and no bank statements.
Thanks

ikhan7

Post by ikhan7 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:09 pm

Hi,
Can someone help me with the Sponsor ship letter. I have completed most of the letter like my details , declaration etc.
I just want a paragraph nice wording for reason of visit for my Mother and Mother in law. if some one already have please post it.

Thanks so much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:34 pm

ikhan7 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:09 pm
Hi,
Can someone help me with the Sponsor ship letter. I have completed most of the letter like my details , declaration etc.
I just want a paragraph nice wording for reason of visit for my Mother and Mother in law. if some one already have please post it.

Thanks so much.
There is no 'template' and you should not use examples of what others submitted. HO is aware of applicants using 'one size fits all' letters.

Simply state the facts and truth.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ikhan7

Post by ikhan7 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:45 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:34 pm
ikhan7 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:09 pm
Hi,

Thanks so much.
There is no 'template' and you should not use examples of what others submitted. HO is aware of applicants using 'one size fits all' letters.

Simply state the facts and truth.
Ok Thanks

ikhan7

Visit Visa Form Help

Post by ikhan7 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:22 pm

Hi,
I am filling form for my Mother visit visa , not sure about few question if some one can help please:
-How much do you spend each month in GBP(£) on living costs?
-What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)?
-The total amount of money you have for this trip
-What is the total cost of your trip, including money others may be giving you, in GBP(£)

I am sponsoring my mother , all her expenses and everything. What should I put in answer to these questions?

Please help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visit Visa Form Help

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:24 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

ikhan7

Post by ikhan7 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi,
Today my mother's visa got refused. I will be re applying for visa soon. One of the reason for rejection was :
You have submitted a transfer deed for a house held in your name. On your application you state that you live with your husband , younger son and his family in a house. However documents submitted do not confirm that you have family in Pakistan.

I will really appreciate if some one guid me what document or how we are going to show that my mother have family in Pakistan.
Please help.
Thanks

skraj
India

Post by skraj » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:46 pm

ikhan7 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:22 pm
Hi,
Today my mother's visa got refused. I will be re applying for visa soon. One of the reason for rejection was :
You have submitted a transfer deed for a house held in your name. On your application you state that you live with your husband , younger son and his family in a house. However documents submitted do not confirm that you have family in Pakistan.

I will really appreciate if some one guid me what document or how we are going to show that my mother have family in Pakistan.
Please help.
Thanks
Hi,
Have you got any updates for your mom's visa. I will be applying the same for my mother in law in 2 months of time.