ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

public funds

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vs004
Newly Registered

public funds

Post by vs004 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:09 am

One of the rules is that a visa applicant must show that he is able to take care of himself and his dependents without recourse to public funds.

If i am right a migrant is not entitled to these benifits anyway and will be refused if he makes an application(lawfully i.e) for it after arriving in uk.

So isnt the very fact that he is not eligible for these benifits enough to prove that he wont be having a recourse to the public fund?
Please do correct me if i have missed something.

TonyUK
Newly Registered

Post by TonyUK » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:11 pm

this question is also a kind of predicament i am in atm, my wife is denied public funds but council have us in a bed and breakfast but she has to pay £10 per night as she doesnt get help so technically she isnt receiving public funds

purplepple

Re: public funds

Post by purplepple » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:34 am

Because it is possible to claim for benefits although not eligible (I know it sounds strange). But when you apply for ILR and they realize you have claimed for such, that is a ground for refusal.
vs004 wrote: So isnt the very fact that he is not eligible for these benifits enough to prove that he wont be having a recourse to the public fund?
Please do correct me if i have missed something.

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:36 am

My guess here is that you are enjoying discounted B&B rates through the council which may constitute as public funds. I could be wrong though.
TonyUK wrote:this question is also a kind of predicament i am in atm, my wife is denied public funds but council have us in a bed and breakfast but she has to pay £10 per night as she doesnt get help so technically she isnt receiving public funds