ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paying for Immigration Health Surcharge for a baby

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Scotsman12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Paying for Immigration Health Surcharge for a baby

Post by Scotsman12 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:35 pm

I received an e-mail from the UK decision making centre yesterday stating that I have to pay IHS for my wifes baby (not my child).
They said quote: 'there was a bug in the IHS portal where children appear to be exempt from the IHS payment. This is not correct, We are working to resolve this issue.'
I have applied for settlement visas for both my wife and her child to come stay with me in the UK. I am a UK citizen. I paid for my wifes IHS at the time of making the application.
In yesterdays e-mail, the UK decision making centre included a link to the IHS payment portal: https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... ment/start
The e-mail stated quote: 'The application has been amended for the IHS payment request. The visa type will appear as Settlement - Parent, Grandparent or Other Dependant Relative. This is the only way we can continue the process until the bug is fixed.'
However when I log in and apply to pay the IHS it does not give me the option to pay the surcharge.
Has anyone had a similar problem when paying for a Childs IHS after applying for a settlement visa?
Any advice on what to do next would be very much appreciated.

spreekhan

Re: Paying for Immigration Health Surcharge for a baby

Post by spreekhan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:15 pm

Please update
When you submitted application.
After how long you received email regarding IHS health charges.

How many week spend in process.

If you read email properly there is link take you payment page.

I have same email comes I paid 20 dec health charges of my daughter.

y1121
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by y1121 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:58 am

Scotsman12 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:35 pm
I received an e-mail from the UK decision making centre yesterday stating that I have to pay IHS for my wifes baby (not my child).
They said quote: 'there was a bug in the IHS portal where children appear to be exempt from the IHS payment. This is not correct, We are working to resolve this issue.'
I have applied for settlement visas for both my wife and her child to come stay with me in the UK. I am a UK citizen. I paid for my wifes IHS at the time of making the application.
In yesterdays e-mail, the UK decision making centre included a link to the IHS payment portal: https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... ment/start
The e-mail stated quote: 'The application has been amended for the IHS payment request. The visa type will appear as Settlement - Parent, Grandparent or Other Dependant Relative. This is the only way we can continue the process until the bug is fixed.'
However when I log in and apply to pay the IHS it does not give me the option to pay the surcharge.
Has anyone had a similar problem when paying for a Childs IHS after applying for a settlement visa?
Any advice on what to do next would be very much appreciated.

Hi,

I am in the same situation for my kids settlement application from India, received the same email from Sheffield on 03/01/18, today is 5th working day and they have given 7 working days deadline.
I have emailed IHS team explaining the problem and also contacted on the phone number provided but no joy yet.

Did you manage to work around this problem and made the payment? I would really appreciate your response.

Regards,
xxxx

whatislife786

Post by whatislife786 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:04 pm

Only successful applications asked for pay ihs for kids you guys will get visa for sure good luck.

spreekhan

Post by spreekhan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:30 pm

did you get any reply from home office regarding spouse after you pay child IHS ????

im in same condition i pay ihs after 90 day they email me for child age 5.
i pay 23 dec 2017. till now no update.

please update after submit you visa application for spouse when you recived the email regarding pay ihs for child im still wating no answer of mine . what about you?????
please update.

ratishpillai
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ratishpillai » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:08 pm

Having the same issue. Clueless what to do. To repeat, my issue is that, when I try to follow their instructions to resolve this issue by going to the IHS portal https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... cation/pay and sign in, it takes me to the next page, in which when I answer 'No' to both ‘Are you applying from within the UK?’ and ‘Are you applying to stay in the Isle of Man, Jersey or Guernsey? and click ‘Save and continue’ at the bottom, it takes me to the next page (Attachment 3: Pay IHS in application) that says You don't need to continue. You need to pay the IHS in your visa application if you're applying from outside the UK.

The IHS portal is telling me that I don't need to continue because IHS fees will be taken during my application process. Unfortunately the application has already been made.

Any help in this regard would be much appreciated. Please can someone email me directly at email address removed by moderator. Desperate now. Please.

Dilshod
United Kingdom

Post by Dilshod » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:58 am

whatislife786 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:04 pm
Only successful applications asked for pay ihs for kids you guys will get visa for sure good luck.
Hi there

Would be nice if what you are saying true?
How can we be certain though??
Im still waiting for them to send me a link for my son surcharge.