ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Setting up a ltd company under Tier 2(g)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HBBB
Iran

Setting up a ltd company under Tier 2(g)

Post by HBBB » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:41 pm

Hi All,

I'm thinking about supplementary work that is more felexible like self-employed people. Would appreciate your comments and answers on below idea:

I'm on tier 2(g) and my job is on shortage list. My wife is on tier 2 dependent. The idea was that my wife sets up a ltd company and epmloyes me in the same role and level of my sponsored employement. I will sign a employement contract for 20hr a week and a salary that she'll pay me monthly. If either she or I could manage to find freelance or short term contracts, her ltd company will sign the contract and take responsibility and I will help her to complete the job. She will look after taxes and bool keepings. Since my current job is on shortage list and the tasks I engage to through the new ltd company is actually in the same level and the same code, I will not break any law(if I'm correct). Since the job is on shortage list she doesn't need to advertise the job to hire me and I don't need to inform UKBA.

May I have your comments on this idea and how practical is this. I.e. Considering running costs of a ltd company and the fact that we have to pay tax on payments she makes to me (I was thinking about the idea that she pays me £100 a month to keep the employement agreement running)

Many thanks is advance.