ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Eligibility

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mnvinod
Newly Registered

ILR Eligibility

Post by mnvinod » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:25 pm

Hi,
I entered UK first time on work permit in May 2003. During the course of my employment, I was away working for my client abroad for the period from Mid April 2004 to Dec 2004.

During this period my UK visa filed in 2003 was valid. My company renewed my visa before it expired in Jan 2005. I was paid my salary abroad and no salary was paid in the UK for this period.

Fro the date of first entry to the UK in May 2003, I will complete 5 yrs in May 2008.

Considering the break in my stay in the UK from April 2004 to Dec 2004, will I be eligible to apply for my ILR this year?

I have obtained a letter from my company stating that I was sent across for the above period to work at client location.

Pls. advice if stand a chance for my ILR application to be approved if applied in May 2008?

(I am currently on HSMP which is valid until Jan 2009)

Thanks,
-Vinod

vinny

ILR Eligibility

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:31 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.