ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need urget information

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vinodn
Newly Registered

need urget information

Post by vinodn » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:13 pm

Hi Guys my friend got visa ubder the HSMP from Indian he and his wife both are qualified teachers.. He is a primary visa holder and his wife is on dependednt visa
1) Can his wife as a dependent come to uk FIRST WITHOUT HUSBAND?
2) IF YES then can she start working staright way... after police check and degree verification...
3) Can she get NI number without husband...

please give us guidance
thanks

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:40 pm

I think the dependent is allowed to do all the 3 things as long as your friend retains his visa status and wife :)

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:35 pm

The answer to all 3 questions is NO.

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:23 am

If both apply for EC at the same time, the wife will get the dependent visa. Consider the case where both travel to the UK, but the wife gets a job, does it mean that she cannot take it up as long as the HSMP holder does not get one?

Along similar lines, after getting the EC, the HSMP holder has for some reason been unable to travel to the UK, but the wife can and gets a job. Since she has no restriction on her, can she not take up this job and apply for NI number since I don’t think it asks anywhere if the work permit holder is present in the UK?

One of course has to keep in mind the ‘no more than 3 months outside UK’ rule to be eligible for extension and also show ‘economic activity’ of the HSMP holder at the end of 12 months.

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:27 am

1) Can his wife as a dependent come to uk FIRST WITHOUT HUSBAND?
2) IF YES then can she start working staright way... after police check and degree verification...
3) Can she get NI number without husband...
I second Kaya ... his wife cannot come to UK without her husband.

Both of them together can come here and she can start work before her husband. Later she can get NI number as well.

Both should be travelling together for the first time they arrive here ... :roll:

Later he can return home for sometime if he want .. thats my understanding :wink:

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:01 am

I would be happy to see the rule which says both have to arrive together the first time. Consider the case, where the wife after getting EC clearance as dependent gets a call for job interview in the UK. Does she have to get a separate visa to travel for the job interview? Or will she need the HSMP holder to accompany her? NO

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:05 am

I am sure there is no such rule but i know a friend whos on dependant visa and his partner is on work permit.

The dependant entered uk before his partner and the immigration office questioned him about that and sent him back to his home country and said he has to returned with his wife. :roll:

I know that its not fair but u never know thats the reason i was suggesting to enter with the main applicant ... and rest is upto them ...
:wink: