ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 Year Visit Visa for Tier 1 Entrepreneur parent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajrea
Mood:
India

2 Year Visit Visa for Tier 1 Entrepreneur parent

Post by rajrea » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:10 pm

Hi All,

I'm on Tier -1 Entrepreneur and I have successfully extended my visa and got extension till April 2019.

I want to apply 2 year visit visa for my mom she has been to uk 2 times on 6 month visit visa.

Now my query is can my mom apply for 2 year visit visa as our visa length from now is only 1and half year ?

Seniors please suggest - ....

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: 2 Year Visit Visa for Tier 1 Entrepreneur parent

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:35 pm

You do realise that your mother won't be able to stay in the UK in excess of 6 months in a rolling 12 month period, even with a 2 year visitor visa? :idea: She can't spend more time in the UK within 12 months than she is spending in her home country.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rajrea
Mood:
India

Post by rajrea » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:41 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:35 pm
You do realise that your mother won't be able to stay in the UK in excess of 6 months in a rolling 12 month period, even with a 2 year visitor visa? :idea: She can't spend more time in the UK within 12 months than she is spending in her home country.
Hi Casa,

I'm aware of that she can't stay more than 6 months in a rolling 12 month period.

My question is whether she can apply for 2 year Visit Visa or not ? as our present visa validity is less than 2 years of time ...

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:57 pm

In order to get long term visitor visa, you need to prove that you need to visit the UK frequently. Visiting a family member is unlikely to be accepted as a good reason.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rajrea
Mood:
India

Post by rajrea » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:08 am

zimba88 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:57 pm
In order to get long term visitor visa, you need to prove that you need to visit the UK frequently. Visiting a family member is unlikely to be accepted as a good reason.

Thanks Zimba88 for your comment .. I have decided to go for 6month Visit Visa ..Sorted