ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur applying ILR - Document more is better???

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mshakeel2002
United States of America

Tier 1 Entrepreneur applying ILR - Document more is better???

Post by mshakeel2002 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:21 pm

Hello:
God bless who ever created this website and all those who try to help each other.

My Question is :

My ILR is due on April 2018. I was planning to send document alooot more then they probably need. because i thought the more evidences i give more stronger my case will be. but when i read most of posts they emphasise upon just send those documents which are required.

I was planing to send following additional Documents:
Documents HO asked to send:
Application form, Passport , Pics,
Employment proofs: copy of passports, Payslips, FPS, Accountant Letter,
Life in UK Test:
Current Appointment Report , Companies filing history page
UK based business :
English Language Proof
Additional Documents should i send???
My personal Payslips
my last 3 month bank statement
Business Insurance documents
Newspaper Adverts & online Adverts
Marketing material such as , Website printout, business stationery, Website saved in a CD,
Previous Extension documents: Director loan agreements,
Account for last 5 years
Tickets of Exhibitions i attended
Some Business related Subscriptions
Business Premises related Documents Electricity Bills: Lease Documents, Electricity and water bills (12 months)
Corporation Tax submission Documents (Last 5 Years)

I was wondering if i am sending more evidence to make my case strong or more documents which can put me in trouble although most of them are relevant.

Please advise.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur applying ILR - Document more is better???

Post by marcnath » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:35 pm

The following appear in the Tier 1 extension application.

You must be selective in submitting evidence, as sending large amounts of irrelevant or poor quality documentation may delay the consideration of the application. It is only necessary to submit evidence that is directly appropriate to the application as requested, as unrelated evidence cannot be considered for points scoring.

I believe this is true for ILR application also.

When you decide to add any documents - ask yourself:
1) Is this a document that is specified ?
2) Does it help the CW in any way ?

There is an example of my ILR application that you will find pinned at the top of the forum.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Dangerous Dragon

Post by Dangerous Dragon » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:24 pm

never know silly reason these case workers come up with, I think sending everything we can can be used against genuine entrepreneur test that case worker does, nothing specific about documents needed for that test on the guidance .

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:34 pm

Dangerous Dragon wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:24 pm
never know silly reason these case workers come up with, I think sending everything we can can be used against genuine entrepreneur test that case worker does, nothing specific about documents needed for that test on the guidance .
This is exactly the logic that is counter productive.
Your accounts, the bank statement that you need to provide and basic public presence - google search result, linkedin, website, social networks, should give a good idea of whether you are genuine or not.
If you don't believe that yourself and need more documents to prove it, the CW is likely to also need further assurance.
In my personal opinion, adding additional documents - invoices, contracts, bills, etc, just show you are not confident yourself.
If the CW needs more information, they will ask.
I am yet to see a rejection on the basis of genuine entrepreneurship that happened without at least an interview.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

im2018
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by im2018 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:06 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:34 pm
Dangerous Dragon wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:24 pm
This is exactly the logic that is counter productive.
Your accounts, the bank statement that you need to provide and basic public presence - google search result, linkedin, website, social networks, should give a good idea of whether you are genuine or not.
If you don't believe that yourself and need more documents to prove it, the CW is likely to also need further assurance.
In my personal opinion, adding additional documents - invoices, contracts, bills, etc, just show you are not confident yourself.
If the CW needs more information, they will ask.
I am yet to see a rejection on the basis of genuine entrepreneurship that happened without at least an interview.
i agree with @marcnath.

I was asked to send additional documents after being interviwed and got visa after that.

Better to send relevant documents as requested.

natsha
United States of America

Post by natsha » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:57 pm

Hi,

For ILR you do not need to send anything extra, but if you not sure about your self then just send the extra cover letter and mention Dear Case work if you require extra documents email or send a letter, please.

Kai2015
Newly Registered

Post by Kai2015 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:10 am

In the Guidance, it says we will take into account the following:
• the evidence that you submit;
• the viability and credibility of the source of the money referred to in Table 5 of Appendix A;
• the credibility of the financial accounts of the business or businesses;
• the credibility of your business activity in the UK;
• the credibility of the job creation for which you are claiming points;
• if the nature of the business requires mandatory accreditation, registration and/or insurance, whether that accreditation, registration and/or insurance has been obtained; and
• any other relevant information.
----------------------------------------
Doesn't this mean that we need to send: financial counts + some evidence to demonstrate the business activity like contracts + insurance + and any other relevant information.

I personally think sending extra documents is doublesided sword. On the one hand, it can help you avoid being invited to an interview if you provide too few documents; on the other hand it could raise more questions about your case. So I guess the best way is to be selective and only send the documents that strengthen your case, but don't send anything that could raise more questions