ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I'm on ILR, should i change my wife visa category?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

msohaib25
Mood:
United Kingdom

I'm on ILR, should i change my wife visa category?

Post by msohaib25 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:23 am

I have recently got ILR on TIER-2 Five year route. My wife has moved to UK on April 2017 under TIER 2 spouse dependent category and have valid visa till December 2018.

Since i am on ILR now, should i change my wife visa to ILR dependent category or can she continue as TIER 2 dependent i hope she is not illegal at this stage ? and then further extensions as a TIER 2 dependent until she get ILR (after 5 years)?

How many further extensions can she have as a TIER 2 dependent?

I have heard in case if i change her visa category to ILR dependent now then it will reset the clock to quality for ILR

Please advise what is best for her ILR depandant or TIER 2 Dependant so she can get her ILR after 5 years.

Regards,
Sobi

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: I'm on ILR, should i change my wife visa category?

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:40 am

As you got your ILR under the PBS route, she can remain under the same visa as a PBS dependat until eligible for ILR. No action required
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice