ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application questions: previous immigration application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ayshamarty
Newly Registered
France

Application questions: previous immigration application?

Post by ayshamarty » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:26 pm

Hello everybody! This is my first post here. I'm applying for naturalisation as a British citizen through Permanent Residency + one year. I'm stuck currently at one point of the application!

When it asks: "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?", does that include the application I made for permanent residency (which I successfully made last October)? The way the question is worded and laid out makes me think it's asking for any previous citizenship applications, but my correspondence for permanent residency status also came through UK Visas and Immigration.

Apologies if this be really pernickety, I don't want to be rejected because I've made it seem I've recently applied for citizenship when I haven't (the section doesn't allow for any elaboration, just yes/no and a date), but then I don't want to be rejected in case I should have included it but didn't!

If it does include PR applications then the question seems superfluous as I already checked the box saying I'm an EEA national applying with PR status, which would have automatically required you to apply through Visas and Immigration.

I would greatly appreciate any advice! Again I realise this seems like a silly technicality, but it's amazing how thorough you can become when a non-refundable £1200 is at stake ^_^

leo23
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Application questions: previous immigration application?

Post by leo23 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:38 am

HI

Did you get any response to your query? I am not sure either what to put down in that question.

Thanks

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Archer1 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:59 am

ayshamarty wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:26 pm
Hello everybody! This is my first post here. I'm applying for naturalisation as a British citizen through Permanent Residency + one year. I'm stuck currently at one point of the application!

When it asks: "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?", does that include the application I made for permanent residency (which I successfully made last October)? The way the question is worded and laid out makes me think it's asking for any previous citizenship applications, but my correspondence for permanent residency status also came through UK Visas and Immigration. All previous application made. If I am not mistaken you have to mention them all.

Apologies if this be really pernickety, I don't want to be rejected because I've made it seem I've recently applied for citizenship when I haven't (the section doesn't allow for any elaboration, just yes/no and a date), but then I don't want to be rejected in case I should have included it but didn't!

If it does include PR applications then the question seems superfluous as I already checked the box saying I'm an EEA national applying with PR status, which would have automatically required you to apply through Visas and Immigration.

I would greatly appreciate any advice! Again I realise this seems like a silly technicality, but it's amazing how thorough you can become when a non-refundable £1200 is at stake ^_^ Double check the fee please .
__A

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:55 pm

That means ANY previous applications & in your case you should mention your PR application.